Digital TV News: Olivier Taravel
BrightBlue and Sagemcom create turnkey 4K IPTV solution
Jun 12, 2018 – At ANGA 2018, BrightBlue is presenting an IPTV platform designed to establish a new standard in the industry with the cooperation of Sagemcom. The solution is a high-end turnkey package including a 4K UHD Linux STB from Sagemcom.
News categories: BrightBlue, Sagemcom, Peter Kamphuis, Olivier Taravel, ANGA COM, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Telecable and Sagemcom launch 4K Android TV set-top
Sep 13, 2017 – Telecable has launched its Android TV 4K tedi set-top box, designed and manufactured by Sagemcom. The set-top box, integrating the latest cutting-edge technologies, gives access to a complete TV and multimedia entertainment offer.
News categories: Sagemcom, Telecable, Olivier Taravel, Aitor Markaida, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Spain
Sagemcom STBs integrated with Minerva 10
Jan 5, 2017 – Sagemcom and Minerva have announced the integration of their solutions to provide IPTV operators a turnkey solution for new services. Sagemcom’s set‐top box is built around a quad digital core from Broadcom.
News categories: Sagemcom, Minerva, Olivier Taravel, Jean‐George Fritsch, CES2021, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Mexico's Totalplay adds 4K and Netflix via an ultra HD PVR from Sagemcom
Sep 14, 2015 – Totalplay is the first carrier in Latin America to offer 4K TV to its customers, thanks to an ultra HD PVR designed and manufactured by Sagemcom. The 4K PVR is built around a BCM7252S digital core from Broadcom.
News categories: Sagemcom, Totalplay, Broadcom, Olivier Taravel, Eduardo Kuri Romo, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Mexico, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sagemcom selected by Vodafone Germany to supply 4K UHD set-top boxes
Sep 4, 2014 – Sagemcom has announced that it has been selected by Vodafone Germany for the deployment of its 4K UHD 60 FPS set-top box in the first half of 2015. Vodafone has selected a hybrid IP/satellite PVR with a removable Hard Disk Drive.
News categories: Sagemcom, Vodafone, Olivier Taravel, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Sagemcom Showcases 'Live' 4K UHD Encoding/Decoding with Elemental
Apr 4, 2014 – Sagemcom, in partnership with Elemental Technologies, demonstrates a real-time 4K ultra high definition HEVC encoding and decoding chain, on elemental booth during NAB in Las Vegas.
News categories: Sagemcom, Elemental, Olivier Taravel, NABShow, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sagemcom to demonstrate live 4K TV at IBC 2013
Sep 10, 2013 – Sagemcom has announced that at IBC they will showcase Ultra-HD television, advanced video content redistribution and next-generation wireless transmission.
News categories: Sagemcom, Gateway, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box
Rovi and Sagemcom Launch the First DivX Plus HD Certified STB for Europe
Mar 20, 2012 – Sagemcom and Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) have announced that the Sagemcom BPRSI88-250 HD TNTSAT set-top box (STB) has integrated DivX Plus® HD, the premium level of DivX certification. The DivX Certified® STB is currently available in France.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Sagemcom, Blu-ray, DVR, France, Media Player, Satellite, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Sagemcom's High-End Set-Top Boxes Powered by System-on-Chip from STMicroelectronics
Sep 10, 2010 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and Sagemcom have revealed that ST's advanced STi7108 System-on-Chip (SoC) is powering Sagemcom's latest high-end STBs.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Sagemcom, Digital TV, DVR, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- WOWOW licenses AI powered transcoder from Ittiam
- Latin America to add 63 million SVOD subscriptions
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress enables linear OTT channel creation
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- ATEME and NPAW offer free QoE analytics to their customers
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online