Digital TV News: Omdia
U.S. digital entertainment consumer spending grew $3.7bn in 2022
Mar 7, 2023 – Overall U.S. consumer spending across digital and physical home entertainment formats in 2022 was more than $36.5 billion, an 11.4% increase from the almost $33 billion consumers spent in 2021.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
2022, a record year for semiconductors that feels anything but
Mar 2, 2023 – The semiconductor market reached an all-time high in 2022, with revenues hitting $595.7bn, just above 2021's record of $592.8bn. However, the market has declined for four straight quarters making it feel anything but a record year.
News categories: Omdia, Lino Jeng, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
FAST to account for 20% of UK ad-supported video market by 2027
Mar 2, 2023 – Blue Ant International has released findings from a study, conducted by Omdia, revealing that FAST will account for nearly 20% of the UK's $3bn premium online ad-supported video market by 2027.
News categories: Blue Ant, Lilla Hurst, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
TCL ranked global top 2 TV brand by Omdia
Feb 22, 2023 – TCL has announced its latest ranking of Global Top 2 TV Brand according to OMDIA's Global TV sets report 2022. The data also suggests that TCL remained No.1 in global 98-inch TV market share.
News categories: TCL, Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Hisense ranks no. 2 globally for TV shipments in 2022
Feb 22, 2023 – Data from Omdia shows that, for the full year 2022, global shipments of Hisense TVs hit a yearly total of 24.5 million, ranking Hisense no. 2 overall in the market, with a year-on-year growth of 16.1%.
News categories: Hisense, Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Samsung tops global TV market for 17th consecutive year
Feb 21, 2023 – According to Omdia, Samsung has once again topped the global TV market in 2022, making it the 17th year in a row the company has ranked number one.
News categories: Samsung, Omdia, Cheolgi Kim, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Demand recovery in LCD TV panel orders is around the corner
Feb 14, 2023 – The long-awaited demand recovery in LCD TV panel orders from Korean and Chinese TV makers is around the corner according to Omdia. Omdia expects a strong rebound of 19% YoY in 2Q23 with shipments up 8% at 161.4 million units for the year.
News categories: Omdia, Deborah Yang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
Jan 31, 2023 – Despite the economic uncertainty, cost of living crisis and saturation of video services in some countries, 2023 is on track to be a good year for SVOD services according to figures from Omdia.
News categories: Omdia, Maria Rua Aguete, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
UK entertainment sales at record £11.1bn for 2022
Jan 10, 2023 – The value of the UK home entertainment market soared to £11.1bn in 2022, an all-time record for music, video and games sales, according to ERA. The fastest growing sector in 2022 was video, up 14.4% to £4,432m.
News categories: Entertainment Retailers Association, Ben Drury, Kim Bayle, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, UK
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania