Digital TV News: Omdia
Top five channels account for 20% of FAST consumption in U.S.
Nov 7, 2023 – Research from Omdia has revealed that FAST's growth in the US is being powered by a small number of players, with the top five channels accounting for more than 20% of monthly consumption.
News categories: Omdia, Maria Rua Aguete, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Edgio adds FAST channel syndication via Wurl
Nov 7, 2023 – Edgio has partnered with Wurl to enable Edgio customers generating linear channels, using its Uplynk scheduler UI or APIs, to effortlessly distribute them through Wurl.
News categories: Edgio, Wurl, Eric Black, Craig Heiting, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Users of paid online video services moving to free online video
Oct 31, 2023 – After a decade of cord-cutting that saw pay-TV subscribers churning to paid online video services, Omdia expects 2024 to bring a new trend, with users moving from paid to free online services.
News categories: Omdia, Maria Rua Aguete, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Amagi releases ninth Quarterly Global FAST Report
Oct 23, 2023 – Amagi has released its ninth Quarterly Global FAST Report, which provides an analysis of the FAST industry in conjunction with Amagi's consumer survey and data from the Amagi ANALYTICS platform.
News categories: Amagi, Srinivasan KA, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
HbbTV Symposium 2023 conference programme unveiled
Oct 23, 2023 – The HbbTV Association has unveiled the conference programme of the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2023. The summit will take place on November 28-29 in Naples, co-hosted by Comunicare Digitale.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Comunicare Digitale, Vincent Grivet, Jon Piesing, Andrea M. Michelozzi, Advertising, Broadcast, Digital TV, HbbTV, Italy, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Synamedia updates ad platform and adds Index Exchange partnership
Sep 7, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled updates to its Synamedia Iris advertising platform that expand campaign formats and increase monetisation options. A partnership with Index Exchange connects Iris customers with global advertisers.
News categories: Synamedia, Index Exchange, Scott Kewley, Marija Masalskis, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2023, Worldwide
TiVo IPTV platform expands into EMEA
Aug 24, 2023 – TiVo has been offering its IPTV Platform to pay TV and telecom operators across North and Latin America for nearly 5 years, and is now extending its reach to include EMEA.
News categories: TiVo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2023, IPTV, UX
Hisense ranked global no. 2 for TV shipments for 3rd successive quarter
Aug 24, 2023 – Hisense shipped the second largest volume of TVs in the world in 2Q 2023, according to Omdia. This is the third consecutive financial quarter that Omdia has ranked Hisense second.
News categories: Hisense, Omdia, Digital TV, IFABerlin, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
U.S. home entertainment spending topped $20 billion in H1 2023
Aug 18, 2023 – According to DEG, U.S. consumers spent $20.5 billion on movies and TV shows in the first six months of 2023, up 14.7% from the $17.9 billion spent in the first six months of 2022.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification