Digital TV News: Orange
Hellas Sat supports Orange Romania DTH consolidation
Jan 16, 2023 – Hellas Sat and Orange Romania have signed an agreement to support the completion of the DTH merger of the Orange Romania and Orange Romania Communications (formerly Telekom Romania Communications) TV package and offers.
News categories: Hellas Sat, Orange Romania, Christodoulos Protopapas, Digital TV, Romania, Satellite
Magine Pro develops FlixOlé app for Movistar Plus+ STBs
Dec 14, 2022 – FlixOlé has expanded its D2C reach in Spain via Telefonica's Movistar Plus+. Magine Pro, with FlixOlé and Telefonica, developed the custom application for use on Movistar set-top boxes.
News categories: Magine Pro, FlixOlé, Movistar, Matthew Wilkinson, Sophie de Mac Mahon, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain
SoftAtHome powers hybrid satellite set-top box for Orange in Africa
Sep 8, 2022 – SoftAtHome has equipped a hybrid OTT/satellite STB targeting several African countries. The box integrates Canal+ International and several additional services including Orange VOD, Canal+ Replay, YouTube, TV5Monde+ and local TV channels.
News categories: SoftAtHome, David Viret Lange, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRC, IBC2022, Mali, Middleware, Satellite, Senegal, Set Top Box
Zappware launches Android TV DVB-C solution at Orange Moldova
Sep 6, 2022 – Zappware continues to expand its Android TV deployments in the Orange group with a DVB-C TV solution. The software brings a hybrid setup of DVB-C in up to 4K UHD quality and over-the-top internet connectivity.
News categories: Zappware, Orange Moldova, Patrick Vos, Ludmila Nistorică, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Moldova, Set Top Box
ORANGE and MÁSMÓVIL sign agreement to combine operations in Spain
Jul 23, 2022 – The joint venture between MASMOVIL and ORANGE will create a sustainable player with the financial capacity and scale to continue investing to foster the future of infrastructure competition in Spain for the benefit of consumers and businesses.
News categories: ORANGE, MÁSMÓVIL, Christel Heydemann, Meinrad Spenger, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Spain
Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
Jun 23, 2022 – Orange TV customers will be able to enjoy sports content provided by DAZN, both on a specific linear channel available on Orange TV STBs, as well as through the DAZN app, also available on STBs, as well as on Smart TVs and mobiles.
News categories: DAZN, Orange, Bosco Aranguren, Nacho García-Legaz, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain, Streaming
Evoca integrates Sling TV into Nextgen TV service
May 26, 2022 – Evoca has announced a partnership with SLING TV that allows Evoca users to add SLING to their Evoca subscription. Evoca customers may now add one of SLING's three services to supplement Evoca's 60+ channels.
News categories: Evoca, Sling, Todd Achilles, Apps, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
May 11, 2022 – Orange has reached an agreement with AMC Networks to offer AMC+ on-demand content for the first time in Spain. The service will be available to all subscribers with access to Orange TV’s entertainment offering from this June.
News categories: AMC Networks, Orange, Manuel Balsera, Miquel Penella, Ignacio García-Legaz, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
May 10, 2022 – Globecast has partnered with France Televisions Overseas, and its Regionale Directorate Réunion La 1ère, to trial a 4K pop-up channel on La Réunion. Globecast and Orange created a trial of 4K contribution over 5G for the event.
News categories: Globecast, France Télévisions, Orange, Samy Nicolas Bouchalat, Philippe Bernard, Eric Grand, Frédéric Ayangma, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mascarene Islands
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023