Digital TV News: Orange
SoftAtHome deploys Disney+ on Orange France STBs
Apr 20, 2021 – SoftAtHome has played a strategic role in the recent launch of Disney+ on Orange France’s set-top boxes. SoftAtHome is the first technology provider to integrate and deploy the newest native version of the Disney+ application.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Orange, David Viret-Lange, Christian Bombrun, Apps, Digital TV, France, OTT, Set Top Box
Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
Mar 4, 2021 – Megacable is expanding the delivery of its Xview+ OTT service to Android TV set-top boxes using Viaccess-Orca's TV Platform. Xview+ brings together content in one place, creating a unified experience for subscribers.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Megacable, Philippe Leonetti, Gerardo Seifert, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, OTT, Set Top Box
WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
Jan 21, 2021 – WarnerMedia has selected Alpha Networks to manage both the dynamic editorialization of content for its Toonami Max SVOD service, and the development of the front-end application.
News categories: Alpha Networks, WarnerMedia, Guillaume Devezeaux, Bertrand Schontz, Digital TV, France, OTT, UX
Orange France deploys nPVR with Viaccess-Orca
Dec 16, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that, using VO's Service Delivery Platform, Orange France is now offering nPVR capabilities that enable its subscribers to schedule and record linear channels from any device.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange, Philippe Leonetti, Christian Bombrun, Yvonnick Boursier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, IPTV
Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
Dec 1, 2020 – SoftAtHome has announced that its Multiscreen Video Player powers the new Addressable TV offering launched by Orange France. The first partnership with a national broadcaster, France Télévisions, is already up and running.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Orange, David Viret-Lange, Christian Bombrun, Advertising, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Media Player
FranceTV Publicité begins addressable TV campaigns on Orange STBs
Nov 13, 2020 – FranceTV Publicité and Orange have begun to offer addressable TV in France. Targeted advertising will be deployed on channels from France Télévisions received by users with set-top boxes from Orange.
News categories: Orange, FranceTV Publicité, Advertising, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box
Orange Romania to acquire 54% controlling stake in Telekom Romania
Nov 9, 2020 – Orange Romania has announced that it signed a deal to acquire a controlling 54% stake in Telekom Romania Communications (TKR). Orange will pay a total of €268m, on a debt-free, cash-free basis and subject to customary adjustments at closing.
News categories: Orange, Telekom Romania, Mari-Noëlle Jégo-Laveissière, Liudmila Climoc, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Romania
RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
Oct 15, 2020 – RCN, Grande and Wave have announced the availability of the TiVo Stream 4K. The device will be paired with RCN, Grande and Wave’s ultra-high-speed internet to bring its customers more home entertainment options.
News categories: RCN, TiVo, Chris Fenger, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
Sep 15, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that 1.75 billion licenses of its multi-DRM cloud service have been delivered in the last 12 months by Orange, demonstrating the scalability of the solution for IPTV and OTT service protection.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange, Philippe Leonetti, Christian Bombrun, Belgium, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRM, France, IPTV, Poland, Spain
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform
- India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
- Sinclair unifies ad sales with Operative Media
- Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021