Digital TV News: Sam Schwartz
Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
Oct 19, 2021 – Comcast has launched XClass TV, extending the reach of its technology to smart TVs. Comcast's entertainment platform is now available without an Xfinity subscription, both inside and outside of Comcast service areas.
News categories: Comcast, Hisense, Sam Schwartz, David Gold, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Comcast to offer Netflix as part of Xfinity packages
Apr 13, 2018 – Comcast and Netflix have announced an expansion of their partnership that will provide Comcast the ability to include a Netflix subscription in new and existing Xfinity packages.
News categories: Comcast, Netflix, Sam Schwartz, Bill Holmes, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Comcast to launch YouTube on Xfinity X1
Feb 27, 2017 – Comcast and Google have announced a deal that will launch the YouTube app on Xfinity X1 across the U.S. later this year. X1 customers will be able to access the entire YouTube catalog alongside their Xfinity TV subscription.
News categories: Comcast, YouTube, Sam Schwartz, Robert Kyncl, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Xbox 360 Teams Up With Entertainment Leaders to Transform TV
Oct 5, 2011 – Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) has announced plans to roll out the next generation of TV entertainment on Xbox LIVE. Nearly 40 TV and entertainment providers will begin rolling out entertainment services to consoles, in more than 20 countries.
News categories: Xbox, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, France, Gaming, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Streaming, UK, USA
Intel-Based Set-Top Box Powers Comcast Xfinity TV Experience
Jun 14, 2011 – Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) has announced that its media processors are helping power the Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) Xfinity TV experience which uses a new guide and user interface to make the television more interactive, personal and social.
News categories: Intel Corp, Comcast, Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Pace provides set-top box for Comcast's next-generation TV experience
Jun 14, 2011 – Pace (LSE: PIC) is working with Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) to launch a new hybrid DVR set-top box with tru2way and IP capabilities that delivers an advanced personalized TV viewing experience.
News categories: Pace plc, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- Wyplay integrates Hoppr targeted advertising solution
- ZTE debuted RDK and Common Broadcast Stack STBs at IBC 2021
- GlobalLogic solution accelerators speed OTT app development
- Google Stadia cloud gaming now on latest LG Smart TVs
- Insys Video powers new Olympique Lyonnais OTT streaming service
- Kantar appointed for TV audience measurement in Azerbaijan
- Frontier Communications and YouTube TV announce partnership
- Jamaica's switchover to digital television begins in 2022
- WISI powers multiscreen ABR video service at Cable Bahamas
- InterDigital report details impact of AI/ML on video entertainment
- Vodafone Deutschland expands GigaTV service with Velocix
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Greensboro, NC
- Intertrust ExpressPlay added to Vewd Operator TV ecosystem
- rlaxx TV available for iOS and iPadOS
- NEXTGEN TV launches in Houston, Texas
- Progressive Generation Studios launches PG Kids with OTT from Red Bee
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Charleston, West Virginia
- MediaKind and Arqiva partner on cloud-based fully-managed video service
- AWS powers global rollout and increased personalization of discovery+
- Xandr standardizes video content descriptors on its platform