Digital TV News: Sky Mexico
Pay-TV services gain subscribers worldwide
Apr 4, 2016 – The latest quarterly Multiscreen Index report from informitv reveals the highest overall rise in the number of pay-television subscriptions around the world for two years, with most operators gaining subscribers.
News categories: informitv, Dr William Cooper, Dr Sue Farrell, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
DIRECTV up 214k; U-Verse down 240k; DTVLA down 34k subscribers in 4Q 2015
Jan 26, 2016 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the fourth quarter of 2015. U.S. video subscribers were down slightly in the quarter. The company added 214,000 satellite subscribers while U-verse TV subscribers declined 240,000. DIRECTV LA fourth-quarter subscriber net losses were 34,000.
News categories: AT&T, Brazil, IPTV, Latin America, Mexico, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
AT&T to use DIRECTV Genie as common video platform
Aug 12, 2015 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has provided an update on its strategy and financial outlook for and each of the next three years, following its recent acquisitions of DIRECTV and Mexican wireless properties Iusacell and Nextel Mexico.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Latin America, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
AT&T completes acquisition of DIRECTV
Jul 24, 2015 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has completed its acquisition of DIRECTV. AT&T is now the largest pay TV provider in the U.S. and the world, providing service to more than 26 million customers in the United States and more than 19 million customers in Latin America.
News categories: AT&T, DIRECTV, Randall Stephenson, John Stankey, Mike White, Caribbean, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, MandA, Mexico, Satellite, USA
DIRECTV-15 and SKYM-1 satellites successfully launched
May 27, 2015 – DIRECTV is expanding its satellite fleet in both the U.S. and Latin America with the launch of two spacecraft that will increase HD capacity, secure the future of 4K Ultra HD and backup DIRECTV’s existing satellite fleet.
News categories: DIRECTV, SKY México, Phil Goswitz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite, USA
DIRECTV US up 149,000 subscribers; DTVLA up 118,000 in 4Q 2014
Feb 19, 2015 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) has reported fourth quarter 2014 results. DIRECTV U.S. added 149,000 subscribers, Sky Brasil lost 1,000 subscribers and the remainder of Latin America added 119,000 subscribers in the quarter.
News categories: DIRECTV, DIRECTV Latin America, Sky Brasil, Sky Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela
DIRECTV US down 28,000 subscribers; DTVLA down 119,000 in 3Q 2014
Nov 6, 2014 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) has announced third quarter 2014 results. DIRECTV U.S. subscriber net losses were approximately 28,000 in the third quarter. DIRECTV Latin America subscriber net losses were approximately 119,000 in the quarter.
News categories: DIRECTV, DIRECTV Latin America, Sky Mexico, Sky Brasil, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela
DIRECTV US down 34,000 subscribers; DTVLA up 543,000 in 2Q 2014
Jul 31, 2014 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) has reported second quarter 2014 results. DIRECTV U.S. net subscriber loss was 34 thousand. Sky Brasil and PanAmericana achieved record-breaking gross subscriber additions resulting in DTVLA net customer additions of 543,000.
News categories: DIRECTV, DIRECTV Latin America, Sky Mexico, Sky Brasil, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela
BB-BUSINESS BUREAU maps Americas pay TV after AT&T-DIRECTV merger
May 29, 2014 – BB-BUSINESS BUREAU has combined its own primary Latin America information with especially collected US data to show the pay TV and broadband competitive landscapes after AT&T acquires DIRECTV.
News categories: BB-BUSINESS BUREAU, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Satellite, Subscribers
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0