Digital TV News: Strategy Analytics
8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
Apr 7, 2021 – According to Strategy Analytics, 8K TV adoption will begin to build momentum over the next few years, reaching 72 million households by 2025. North America will be the leading region with close to 25 million households owning at least one 8K TV set.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Edouard Bouffenie, David Watkins, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
30% of UK households now use Samsung's Tizen Smart TV platform
Mar 23, 2021 – Nearly a third of UK households now connect at least one TV to the internet using Samsung’s Tizen smart TV platform, according to Strategy Analytics. Samsung holds a clear lead over platforms operated by Amazon, Sony and LG.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Mercer, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Tizen Smart TV streaming platform scaled new heights in 2020
Mar 16, 2021 – Samsung’s Tizen smart TV streaming platform further extended its lead in 2020 as the number of Tizen devices in use worldwide increased by 21% year-on-year to 162.3 million, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Amazon takes lead as connected TV device sales hit new peak
Mar 9, 2021 – Global sales of connected TV devices soared to a record in Q4 2020, reaching 109.1 million units, according to Strategy Analytics. Amazon became market leader for the first time with a market share of 12.1%.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Edouard Bouffenie, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
Mar 3, 2021 – Global smart speaker sales reached a record level in 2020, according to Strategy Analytics. New model introductions that hit the market in time for the holiday shopping season, contributed to a positive end to a difficult year.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Despite pandemic, global CE revenues grew 7% in 2020
Feb 3, 2021 – Strong demand for home computers, tablets and games consoles helped CE trade revenues reach $358.5Bn in 2020, up 7% on 2019, according to Strategy Analytics. TV sales were down slightly (-2%) but this was a significant improvement on industry expectations earlier in 2020.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Eric Smith, David Watkins, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sony announces BRAVIA TVs with 'Cognitive Processor XR'
Jan 7, 2021 – Sony has announced the world's first cognitive intelligence TVs. Powered by its Cognitive Processor XR, picture elements are adjusted to their best final outcome, so everything is synchronized and lifelike.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Mike Fasulo, Android TV, CES, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Record holiday sales of Connected TV devices predicted for Q4
Dec 17, 2020 – Global sales of connected TV devices are set to reach a new record this quarter as holiday demand and recovery from the impact of the pandemic drive sales to more than 111 million units, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Chirag Upadhyay, David Watkins, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Video streaming subscription growth sets new record
Dec 15, 2020 – Strategy Analytics' research has found that the annual increase in global SVOD subscriptions in Q3 2020 reached 217.6 million, the highest ever, beating the previous record of 211.7 million in Q4 2018.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, David Mercer, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV