Digital TV News: TCC
Telechips embeds INSIDE Secure DRM in set-top box ICs
Aug 27, 2013 – INSIDE Secure (Euronext:INSD) has announced that Telechips has embedded its INSIDE DRM Fusion™ Agent for HDCP and DTCP-IP into its newest TCC892X family of set-top box multimedia application processors.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Telechips, Solacia, DRM, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Zenterio expands into Latin America with deal with Uruguay's TCC
Aug 6, 2013 – TCC and Zenterio have announced a partnership. The partnership will enable TCC to launch new interactive services on in-home TV sets as well as live TV streaming on mobile devices.
News categories: Zenterio, TCC, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Uruguay
DIRECTV passes 100,000 subscriber mark in Uruguay
Jun 30, 2013 – The local communications regulator, URSEC, has released a survey of the telecoms market in Uruguay up to the end of June 2013. The number of Pay TV subscribers at mid-year was 620,926, up from 561,268 at the end of June 2012.
News categories: URSEC, Cable TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay
Uruguayan cable operator TCC launches OTT services with Broadpeak
Jun 20, 2013 – Broadpeak has announced that Uruguayan cable operator TCC has selected Broadpeak for the deployment of its new OTT service. With Broadpeak, TCC can deliver live and VOD content OTT to subscribers while ensuring a high quality of service.
News categories: Broadpeak, TCC, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, Uruguay
DIRECTV grew market share in Uruguay in 2012
Apr 17, 2013 – The Uruguayan communications regulator, URSEC, has released a survey of the telecommunications market in Uruguay up to the end of December 2012. The number of Pay TV subscribers at year-end was 592,699, up from 536,812 at the end of 2011, a 10.4% increase.
News categories: URSEC, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay
Verimatrix to Protect TCCL Cable TV Digitalization Initiative
Jan 15, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that Indian cable multi-service operator TCCL has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) architecture to provide cardless revenue security for its new digital cable TV service.
News categories: Verimatrix, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, India
INSIDE Secure Provides Security Solutions for STB Chip Maker Telechips
Jan 7, 2013 – INSIDE Secure (NYSE Euronext: INSD) has announced that Telechips is integrating a host of INSIDE Secure security solutions into its new family of set-top box processor chips to help ensure secure boot up and end-to-end content protection.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Telechips, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Satellite subscriber numbers growing fastest in Uruguay
Oct 24, 2012 – The Uruguayan communications regulator Unidad Reguladora de Servicios de Comunicaciones (URSEC) has released a survey of the telecom market in Uruguay up to the end of June 2012. Over the preceding 12 months DIRECTV Uruguay grew by over 19%.
News categories: URSEC, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, MMDS, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay
536,812 pay TV subscribers in Uruguay at end-2011
Apr 14, 2012 – The Uruguayan communications regulator, URSEC, has released a survey of the telecommunications market in Uruguay up to the end of December 2011. The number of Pay TV subscribers at year-end was 536,812.
News categories: URSEC, Cable TV, Market Research, MMDS, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video