Digital TV News: TP Vision
DVB Project elects new Steering Board
Nov 13, 2023 – The General Assembly of the DVB Project has elected a new Steering Board to serve for the coming two years. It includes representatives of 43 companies across DVB's four member constituencies.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
TP Vision adds Mediaset app to Philips Smart TVs for Italy
Feb 28, 2023 – TP Vision has announced that the Mediaset app is now available on all Philips 2022 TVs featuring TP Vision's Smart TV OS, and also on the 2023 Smart TV lineup to be released later this year in Italy.
News categories: TP Vision, Mediaset, Michele Uslenghi, Pablo Falanga, Apps, Digital TV, Italy, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS
TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
Sep 21, 2022 – DTG Testing has announced that TP Vision is the official launch partner for the DTG DVB-I Test Suite. The two organisations have worked closely to validate the reference metadata covering all endpoints of the DVB-I specification.
News categories: DTG, TP Vision, Ranjeet Kaur, Elie Bonte, Broadcast, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
First results of German DVB-I Pilot to be shown at IBC 2022
Sep 7, 2022 – Stakeholders from the media industry, including broadcasters, device manufacturers, software providers and research companies have announced the start of the 'German DVB-I Pilot'.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB-I, Remo Vogel, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2023, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
DTS Play-Fi wireless audio launching on Vestel and Philips TVs
Aug 31, 2022 – At IFA, attendees will be able to see Vestel's first DTS Play-Fi enabled TVs. In addition, DTS Play-Fi Home Theater for TVs is coming to Philips’ OLED+937, OLED807, and PUS8807 'The One' TV lines.
News categories: DTS, Dannie Lau, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Smart Home, Smart TV
M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
May 10, 2022 – M7 Group will integrate its TV platforms into smart TVs, enabling direct access by viewers without a set-top box, HDMI stick or other additional reception device, with the user interface appearing in the platforms’ branded design.
News categories: M7 Group, TP Vision, MediaTek, Hans Troelstra, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
Jul 29, 2020 – Eurofins has launched updated testing services for the CI Plus 2.0 standard. Eurofins is the exclusive test partner for v2.0, appointed by CI Plus LLP. CI Plus 2.0 Host Device Registration for licensees commenced on July 20th.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, CI Plus LLP, Johan Craeybeckx, Vlaho Kostov, CAM, Digital TV, Worldwide
Eurofins to serve as exclusive CI Plus 2.0 test partner
May 13, 2019 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it will serve as the official test partner for the CI Plus 2.0 standard. Eurofins will provide early access to the automated CI Plus 2.0 test tool to enable pre-testing of devices in advance of certification.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, CI Plus LLP, Johan Craeybeckx, CAM, Digital TV, QoE, Smart TV, Worldwide
Irdeto, SMIT, MStar and TP Vision develop reference CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM
Sep 17, 2018 – A partnership of players in the CAM ecosystem, led by Irdeto, has announced a productized CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM which is ready for certification. The partnership includes MStar Semiconductor, SMIT Holdings and TP Vision.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Bingyu Xiang, Elie Bonte, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2023, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification