Digital TV News: Thomson
GatesAir supplies transmitters for ATSC 3.0 lab in Canada
Nov 2, 2023 – GatesAir UHF transmitters are supporting ATSC 3.0 research, testing, and deployment within the Broadcast-Broadband Convergence B²C Lab infrastructure at Humber College in Toronto.
News categories: GatesAir, Humber College, Orest Sushko, ATSC 3, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV
QYOU India expands QPlay+ distribution via partnership with Coolita
Oct 26, 2023 – QYOU Media (TSXV: QYOU) (OTCQB: QYOUF) has announced an expansion of its Connected TV distribution for QPlay+ and its featured channels via a partnership with Coolita, a global smart TV+OS brand.
News categories: QYOU Media, Coolita, Curt Marvis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
India Smart TV shipments grew 28% in 2022
Apr 4, 2023 – India's smart TV shipments grew 28% YoY in 2022, according Counterpoint Research. For Q4 2022, the growth was almost flat at 2% YoY due to a slowdown in demand after the festive season.
News categories: Counterpoint, Akash Jatwala, Anshika Jain, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Synamedia brings cloud, streaming and distribution technologies to NAB 2023
Apr 6, 2023 – Synamedia has announced its NAB Show line-up of technologies that enable the distribution and delivery of streaming content across the spectrum of sports, from local clubs to global events.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Foxtel reports subscriber highlights for quarter ending December 31, 2022
Feb 9, 2023 – News Corp has released subscriber highlights for the Foxtel Group. Total streaming subscribers reached 2.758 million (2.678 million paid), up 25% Y-o-Y. Foxtel residential broadcast subscribers declined to 1.401 million.
News categories: News Corp, Foxtel, Robert Thomson, Susan Panuccio, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers
Thomson Broadcast to acquire GatesAir
Apr 23, 2022 – GatesAir has announced that Thomson Broadcast has signed a definitive agreement to acquire GatesAir from an affiliate of The Gores Group. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of 2022.
News categories: GatesAir, Thomson Broadcast, Bruce D. Swai, Ylias Akbaraly, Aby Alexander, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Channel 5 joins Digital UK
Dec 20, 2021 – Channel 5 has joined Digital UK, alongside BBC, ITV and Channel 4. The four public service broadcasters have entered into a new Digital UK members' agreement, marking the first time that the venture has been wholly owned by all four PSBs.
News categories: Digital UK, ViacomCBS, Channel 5, Caroline Thomson, Sarah Rose, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK
OTT subscriptions to overtake DTH in Australia and New Zealand by 2026
Oct 5, 2021 – According to Dataxis, OTT subscriptions in Australia and New Zealand will overtake DTH by 2026. DTH subscriptions will however still account for more than 40% and 66% of total subscriptions respectively in the two countries.
News categories: Dataxis, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand
Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th
May 7, 2021 – ViacomCBS Australia & New Zealand has announced that its streaming service, Paramount+, will launch in Australia on August 11, 2021. Priced at $8.99 per month, subscribers will have access to more than 20,000 episodes and movies.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Beverley McGarvey, Australia, Digital TV, Streaming
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond