Digital TV News: hayu
TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
Jan 15, 2020 – NBCUniversal International (NBCUI) and TELUS have announced that hayu is available to all TELUS Optik TV customers in Western Canada. TELUS is the only carrier in Canada to offer customers a dedicated hayu app directly within the TV interface.
News categories: TELUS, NBCUniversal, hayu, Hendrik McDermott, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
Sep 19, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has unveiled its 2019 streaming player lineup for the United Kingdom. Roku is launching a redesigned Roku Express and new to the UK line-up is the Roku Premiere which delivers 4K streaming with HDR.
News categories: Roku, Lloyd Klarke, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Comcast's proposed acquisition of Sky cleared under EU merger rules
Jun 15, 2018 – The European Commission has approved unconditionally under the EU Merger Regulation the proposed acquisition of Sky by Comcast. The Commission concluded the transaction would raise no competition concerns in Europe.
News categories: European Commission, Digital TV, EU, MnA, Regulation, Satellite
Roku to soon launch enhanced voice search in UK
Apr 24, 2018 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it will soon make its Enhanced Voice Search feature available to Roku users in the UK. Enhanced Voice Search enables users to use their voice to find entertainment to watch.
News categories: Roku, Lloyd Klarke, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Amazon Channels launches in the UK and Germany
May 23, 2017 – Amazon has announced the launch of Amazon Channels in the UK and Germany. Amazon Channels allows Prime members to add channel subscriptions for a low monthly subscription fee, available individually without the need to sign up for a bundle or enter a lengthy contract.
News categories: Amazon, Alex Green, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, UK
Virgin Media reveals connected entertainment line-up
Nov 30, 2016 – Virgin Media has lifted the cover off of its new connected entertainment line-up. Virgin TV has launched its 4K-ready V6 box, powered by TiVo software, and a TellyTablet designed as a personal TV for watching in HD.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Tablet, UK
EE TV launches ‘Watch with Twitter’
Nov 15, 2016 – EE has unveiled a number of EE TV features as well as a partnership with Twitter. EE has partnered with Twitter to be the first UK TV platform to offer ‘Watch with Twitter’ functionality.
News categories: EE, Twitter, Noel Hamill, Dara Nasr, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Social TV, UK
'hayu' SVOD service to launch in UK, Ireland and Australia
Feb 11, 2016 – NBCUniversal International has announced the launch of hayu - a subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) reality service. The first all-reality service of its kind - curated and fully integrated with social media - will launch in March in the UK, Ireland & Australia on a full array of devices.
News categories: NBCUniversal, hayu, Kevin MacLellan, Australia, Ireland, Mobile, OTT, UK
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020