Digital TV News: WARC
Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
Aug 19, 2019 – Australians have a growing taste for sports and video entertainment content, sending the SVOD services market to new heights, reaching 12.3 million total subscriptions at the end of June 2019, according to research from Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers
Rise of mobile drives advertisers to invest $30bn in online video despite ongoing risks
Aug 24, 2018 – According to WARC, advertisers are expected to spend a combined $30bn on online video advertising this year, most of which will be paid to social media platforms despite the continuing risks of negative adjacency and ad fraud.
News categories: WARC, James McDonald, Advertising, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Universal unveils first 4K Ultra HD offerings
Apr 19, 2016 – Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE) has announced plans to release a broad selection of films in 4K Ultra HD, the home entertainment industry's next-generation physical and digital viewing format.
News categories: Universal Pictures, Eddie Cunningham, Blu-ray, Digital TV, USA
Number of pay TV operators in Europe falls 5.8% in 2013
Jul 16, 2014 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published the second volume of the 2013 edition of its Yearbook. In 2013, the pay-TV sector had 7,898 operators in 37 countries - a significant reduction in their number compared with 2009 (8,381, or -5.8%).
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, André Lange, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Ofcom releases International Communications Market report
Dec 17, 2009 – Ofcom's International Communications Market data provides a snapshot of the communications market in twelve major economies and the four fast growing economies of Brazil, India, Russia and China in the five years to 2008.
News categories: Ofcom, Brazil, Cable TV, Canada, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Market Research, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Satellite, Spain, Sweden, Terrestrial, UK, USA
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks
- NAGRA enables cloud-based OTT for Montecable in Uruguay
- ACCESS CO. and EKT integrate the NetRange Application Store
- Telenor deploys pay TV system from ADB
- EBU and Eurofins Digital Testing partner on UHDTV standards and logo
- XroadMedia brings personalisation and recommendations to Stoneroos products
- Eutelsat selected by Orby TV for new U.S. DTH satellite service
- Dotscreen to develop Freesat UI on Arris set-top box
- Liberty Latin America selects TiVo for roll out in Puerto Rico
- Amlogic and Vewd introduce turnkey chipset platform for pay TV service
- iWedia provides software for True OTT service in Thailand