Digital TV News: Wipro
Wipro launches Next-Gen ATSC 3.0 receiver software with Airwavz.tv
Feb 1, 2019 – Wipro (NYSE:WIT, BSE:507685, NSE:WIPRO) has announced the launch of its Next-Gen ATSC 3.0 software stack. The hybrid-TV viewing solution has been enabled using Airwavz RedZone Receiver (RZR) USB ATSC dongle.
News categories: Wipro, Airwavz, Anita Ganti, Bonnie Beeman, ATSC, Digital TV, Middleware, Peripherals / Accessories, USA
Wipro's in-car DTV middleware adapted for Japan
Feb 15, 2017 – Wipro (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) has announced that its Digital-TV (DTV) Middleware Solution, which facilitates In-Car TV reception systems, has been customized for the Japanese automotive market.
News categories: Wipro, Anita Ganti, Digital TV, In-Car, ISDB-T, Japan, Middleware, Terrestrial
Wipro middleware powers Hisense 4K TVs for Japan
Jan 5, 2017 – Wipro (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) has announced that its Digital TV Middleware solution has successfully enabled Hisense 4K TVs in Japan. The Wipro solution supports ISDB-T/S Broadcast and HD-PVR to enable a premium viewing experience for customers.
News categories: Wipro, Hisense, Anita Ganti, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Japan, Middleware, Smart TV
Wipro Enters Blu-ray Market Through Partnership With Philips
Apr 6, 2010 – Wipro (NYSE: WIT) has announced that the company has signed a partnership agreement with Philips (AEX: PHI; NYSE: PHG) to offer Blu-ray middleware and solution development services around Philips' developed Blu-ray technology.
News categories: Wipro, Philips, Blu-ray, Licensing, Middleware
Wipro Delivers Middleware for In-Car TV Tuner to Hirschmann Car Communication
Dec 15, 2008 – Wipro Technologies (NYSE:WIT) has announced that it has delivered its ISDB-T stack to Hirschmann Car Communication. The stack is to be used for developing In-Car TV solutions for Hirschmann's Tier-1 car customers targeting the Japanese market.
News categories: Wipro, Hirschmann Car Communication, Digital TV, In-Car, ISDB-T, Japan, Middleware, Terrestrial
TiVo Chooses Wipro's DVB-T Middleware to Build HD DVRs
Sep 9, 2008 – Wipro Technologies (NYSE:WIT) has announced that TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO) has adopted Wipro's DVB-T and Common Interface (CI) software stacks for its solutions targeting Australian and European markets
News categories: Wipro, TiVo, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Europe, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Wipro expands portfolio of Digital TV Stacks for Global Markets
Jan 7, 2008 – Wipro Technologies (NYSE:WIT) has announced the availability of its portfolio of Digital TV middleware addressing multiple global markets segmented by different standards.
News categories: Wipro, Cable TV, CES, Digital TV, Europe, ISDB-T, Japan, MHEG-5, Middleware, North America, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
- Interra Systems adds support for Dolby Vision to its QC platform
- Global SVoD revenues to grow 25% in 2019 to $36bn
- Rohde & Schwarz wins DVB-T2 transmitter contract in Egypt
- Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
- Double digit growth for flat panel displays in 2018
- FreeWheel and A+E Networks pilot unified ad decisioning engine
- GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
- Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
- Atlantic Broadband brings new TiVo experience to Low Country area of South Carolina
- Deltatre releases report on sports streaming
- Shemaroo enters the US market with ShemarooMe VOD launch
- Philo unveils connected TV ad platform
- Swisscom switches on Switzerland’s first 5G network
- US SVOD subscriptions to reach 270 million
- Premium video solidifies its position in the European marketplace
- Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
- ACCESS acquires NetRange
- AT&T sells Hulu minority stake back to Hulu
- Witbe implements Nielsen Watermark Detection
- TekSavvy TV launching in Toronto