Digital TV News: iSuppli
Pace Surpasses Motorola to Take Set-Top Box Lead
May 11, 2011 – Pace (LSE: PIC) in 2010 became the world's No. 1 seller of set-top boxes (STBs) in terms of unit shipments for the first time ever on an annual basis, surpassing Motorola (NYSE: MMI), new IHS Screen Digest research indicates.
News categories: Screen Digest, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Global 3-D TV Shipments Soar by Nearly 500 Percent in 2011
May 5, 2011 – Worldwide shipments of 3-D TVs will catapult by a spectacular 463 percent to reach 23.4 million units in 2011, according to iSuppli. The 3-D TV projections in 2011 represent startling growth for the much-publicized technology.
News categories: iSuppli, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, VR
Samsung Closes in on Intel for Semiconductor Market Leadership in 2010
Apr 19, 2011 – Continuing its steady rise in the semiconductor industry, Samsung in 2010 came closer to challenging Intel's chip market leadership than any company had in more than a decade, new IHS iSuppli market research has revealed.
News categories: iSuppli, Market Research, Semiconductor
Blu-ray 3D Spending Booms This Year in U.S. and Major European Economies
Apr 15, 2011 – Consumer spending on Blu-ray Discs 3D (BD3D) in 2011 is forecast to rise 533 percent across the four markets of the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany and France, according to new IHS Screen Digest research.
News categories: Screen Digest, Blu-ray, France, Germany, Market Research, UK, USA, VR
More Than 1 Billion Devices to Have Embedded Wireless Networking Capability
Apr 15, 2011 – Shipments of electronic products with embedded wireless local area networking technology (WLAN) will surpass one billion units for the first time ever in 2011 and then rise to more than two billion in 2015, new IHS iSuppli research indicates.
News categories: iSuppli, Market Research, Smart Home
New VDSL Subscribers to Quadruple by 2014
Feb 23, 2011 – New VDSL subscribers are set to nearly quadruple by 2014 as more competitors begin to ramp up their support for the technology, according to new IHS iSuppli research. A total of 23.3 million new VDSL subscribers were added in 2010.
News categories: iSuppli, Broadband, Market Research, Semiconductor, Subscribers
Consumer Electronics Market Boosted by Connected Home Products in 2011
Jan 25, 2011 – Global unit shipments of CE products will climb 2.6 percent in 2010, partly driven by rising sales of products that play a role in the connected home and that focus on usability - rather than technological wizardry, according to IHS iSuppli.
News categories: iSuppli, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
STMicroelectronics to Showcase the Future of Home Entertainment at 2011 Consumer Electronics Show
Jan 4, 2011 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) is using CES 2011 to demonstrate to customers its leading products and technologies that will enable consumer electronics manufacturers to deliver media-rich entertainment products in the future.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, CES2021, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, VR
VIZIO Announces VIA Plus, the Connected CE Ecosystem that Delivers a Unified User Experience From the Big Screen to Mobile Devices
Jan 3, 2011 – VIZIO has announced its VIA Plus ecosystem, the next generation of VIZIO Internet Apps™. The new ecosystem will allow for unified on-demand content and application consumption across multiple VIZIO consumer electronic devices.
News categories: VIZIO, Blu-ray, CES2021, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
- Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020
- Verizon releases updated Stream TV box
- VIZIO taps Nielsen to measure advanced TV campaigns
- U.S. vMVPD subscribers rise in Q3 as traditional multichannel decline slows
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR to deliver strong growth through 2024