Dominican Republic Digital TV News
Central American pay-TV subscribers to hit 5.57 million by 2018
Jul 29, 2015 – The number of pay-TV subscribers in Central America and the Dominican Republic will grow from 3.58 million in 2014 to 5.57 million in 2018, according to findings in a report published by Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Central America, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Market Research, Subscribers
Tricom launches triple-play gateway in the Dominican Republic
Jan 19, 2015 – Tricom, part of the Altice Group, has announced the launch of its new Smartbox set-top box in the Dominican Republic. The gateway box integrates TV with internet access and telephony.
News categories: Tricom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Gateway
In Latin America 51% of cable TV subscribers are digital
Sep 12, 2014 – BB-MEDIA Business Bureau has produced indices of the rate of conversion to digital of pay TV operators in Latin America. Overall little more than half of subscribers to cable TV have a digital service.
News categories: Business Bureau, Horacio Gennari, Christian Peralta, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
Dec 4, 2013 – Qualy TV, part of the Albavisión group, has launched its new pay TV service in Costa Rica using the satellite platform of Media Networks, a unit of Telefónica. The basic service consists of 53 SD channels, with additional movie and adult packages available.
News categories: Qualy TV, Media Networks, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Satellite
Televisa adds 1.1 million DTH subscribers in 2012
Feb 26, 2013 – Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV; BMV:TLEVISA CPO) has announced results for fourth quarter and year 2012. Sky's DTH subscriber base grew by more than 1.1 million to 5,153,445, while cable TV (Cablevisión, Cablemás, TVI) video RGUs expanded by 5.8%.
News categories: Televisa, Cable TV, Central America, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Compunicate winning CA contracts in Latin America
Apr 26, 2011 – Compunicate has been winning conditional access (CA) contracts across northern Latin America. For example, Teleoperadora del Nordeste (Telenord) and Orbit Cable, both in the Dominican Republic, have deployed systems with Compunicate CA.
News categories: Compunicate, Cable TV, Colombia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Set Top Box
Dominican Republic chooses ATSC for DTT
Aug 10, 2010 – The Instituto Dominicano de las Telecomunicaciones (Indotel) has announced that the American ATSC standard for digital terrestrial television has been adopted for the Dominican Republic.
News categories: Indotel, ATSC, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Terrestrial
Sky Mexico adds 140k subscribers in 4Q09
Feb 25, 2010 – Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV; BMV: TLEVISA CPO) has announced results for 2009. During the fourth quarter, Sky added 143 thousand subscribers of which 140 thousand were in Mexico and three thousand were in Central America and the Dominican Republic.
News categories: Grupo Televisa, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Panama, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Claro Launches 3G Mobile TV Service in Dominican Republic
Oct 1, 2009 – ROK Entertainment and Claro Dominican Republic (Mexico:AMXL) have announced the launch of Ideas TV, a streamed, live and pre-recorded mobile TV subscription service, powered by ROK's over-the-air video-streaming technologies.
News categories: ROK Entertainment, Codetel, 5G, Dominican Republic, Mobile
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA