Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
Smart TVs may lose support after only two years, Which? finds
Jan 13, 2023 – Expensive, high-end smart products risk losing features and functionality or posing a security risk after as little as two years because manufacturers are failing to provide vital tech updates, Which? has found.
News categories: Which?, Rocio Concha, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, UK
63% of U.S. internet households own a Smart TV
Jan 13, 2023 – Parks Associates research shows 63% of U.S. internet households own a smart TV, up from 38% in 2015. The company's OTT Video Market Tracker highlights how companies like Roku have transformed the role of the TV in the home.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, CES2023, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Three million sharing SVOD subscriptions in the Nordics
Jan 12, 2023 – According to Mediavision, three million SVOD subscriptions in the Nordics are currently borrowed from another household, i.e. giving access to a service without paying for it, with Netflix the most affected.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
Shipments of TV panels projected to drop 2.8% YoY in 2023
Jan 11, 2023 – The recent decline of the global economy has significantly dampened the outlook for sales of TVs. As a result, TrendForce expects shipments of TV panels to fall by 2.8% YoY to a total of 264 million units for 2023.
News categories: TrendForce, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Amagi report confirms significant growth in FAST viewing in Europe
Jan 11, 2023 – Amagi has released its latest report on the state of the FAST market. Growth in Q3 2022 compared to Q3 2021 in Europe saw an increase of 99.97% in ad impressions and over 51% in Hours of Viewing.
News categories: Amagi, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming, UK
UK entertainment sales at record £11.1bn for 2022
Jan 10, 2023 – The value of the UK home entertainment market soared to £11.1bn in 2022, an all-time record for music, video and games sales, according to ERA. The fastest growing sector in 2022 was video, up 14.4% to £4,432m.
News categories: Entertainment Retailers Association, Ben Drury, Kim Bayle, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, UK
U.S. sports OTT subscription revenue to grow 73% over next five years
Jan 10, 2023 – According to Parks Associates, annual sports OTT subscription revenue in the United States was $13.1 billion in 2022 and will almost double to approximately $22.6 billion in 2027, a 73% increase over the next five years.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Africa pay TV to grow to 57 million subscribers by 2028
Jan 9, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, 16 million pay TV subscribers will be added in Africa between 2022 and 2028 to take the total to 57 million. Subscriber numbers will climb faster than revenues indicating that subscribers will pay less.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Subscribers
Connected vehicles to surpass 367 million globally by 2027
Jan 9, 2023 – Juniper Research expects the number of connected vehicles in service to reach 367 million in 2027, from 192 million in 2023, driven by advancements in driver assistance and in-vehicle infotainment system capabilities.
News categories: Juniper Research, 5G, In-Car, Market Research, Worldwide
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership