Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
Oct 13, 2021 – TVSquared has released a report providing a view on converged TV, based on a survey of ad buyers in the U.S., UK, Germany and Australia. The report also analyzes billions of ad impressions from TVSquared’s platform to uncover insights.
News categories: TVSquared, Jo Kinsella, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, UK, USA
39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
Oct 12, 2021 – Data from Parks Associates reveals that three out of the top five factors that drive OTT service subscriptions involve content and that the inability to find relevant content is a top reason for consumers leaving a service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Nick Cicero, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
Oct 11, 2021 – FreeWheel has revealed findings from a survey of UK advertisers and agencies. According to the research, 60% of the surveyed UK marketers expect their Advanced TV investments to increase in the next 12 months.
News categories: FreeWheel, CoLab Media, Virginie Dremeaux, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
Oct 6, 2021 – DFC Intelligence has announced results of a global survey showing that nearly all consumers watch streaming video content monthly and an overwhelming majority (85.4%) would interact with streamed content if they could.
News categories: DFC Intelligence, David Cole, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Smart TV voice assistant transactions to approach $500 million in 2023
Oct 7, 2021 – A study from Juniper Research has found that spend through voice assistant-enabled smart TVs will reach nearly $500 million in 2023; a sharp increase from the $126 million expected in 2021.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
4 in 5 Canadians classify themselves as TV streamers
Oct 6, 2021 – TV streaming popularity continues to rise with 4 in 5 Canadians classifying themselves as TV streamers (versus 3 in 4 who pay for traditional TV), according to The Streaming Decade survey released by Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU).
News categories: Roku, Mirjam Laux, Christina Summers, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Roku releases UK consumer TV viewing report
Oct 6, 2021 – Roku has revealed the results of its study of UK consumer TV viewing. Nine in 10 survey respondents said they are TV streamers with only seven in 10 saying they use use traditional pay-TV services.
News categories: Roku, Mirjam Laux, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
OTT subscriptions to overtake DTH in Australia and New Zealand by 2026
Oct 5, 2021 – According to Dataxis, OTT subscriptions in Australia and New Zealand will overtake DTH by 2026. DTH subscriptions will however still account for more than 40% and 66% of total subscriptions respectively in the two countries.
News categories: Dataxis, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand
Continued robust growth for Wearables, AR/VR Headsets, and Smart Home
Oct 4, 2021 – The total value of AR/VR headsets, smart home devices, and wearables is expected to reach $369.6 billion by the end of this year and swell to $524.9 billion by the end of 2025 according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Tom Mainelli, Adam Wright, Ramon T. Llamas, Gaming, Market Research, Smart Home, VR, Worldwide
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor