Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
Nov 27, 2023 – Digital TV Research expects global SVOD subscriptions to increase by 321 million between 2023 and 2029 to reach 1.79 billion. The US will add 30 million, Brazil 23 million and India 27 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024
Nov 21, 2023 – Research from Ampere Analysis has found that global pay TV penetration will see its first yearly decline ever next year, with penetration then falling by almost 4 percentage points by 2028.
News categories: Ampere Analysis, Rory Gooderick, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Services, Worldwide
Around €21bn invested in European original content in 2022
Nov 21, 2023 – A report from the European Audiovisual Observatory has found that close to €21 billion was invested by broadcasters and streamers in European original content in 2022.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Top U.S. pay-TV providers lost 465,000 subscribers in 3Q 2023
Nov 14, 2023 – Leichtman Research Grouphas found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 465,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2023, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 385,000 in 3Q 2022.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Over half of U.S. consumers now solely stream content
Nov 16, 2023 – According to Inscape's Q3 2023 TV Market Trends report, in Q3 2023, 94% of total streaming time was driven by viewers who only (64.6%) or mostly (29%) streamed on their smart TVs.
News categories: Inscape, Ken Norcross, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, TV Services, USA
92% of streamers not fully satisfied with product analytics tools
Nov 15, 2023 – NPAW has released survey findings that reveal that 92% of streaming providers are not fully satisfied with the third-party tools they use to measure product success.
News categories: NPAW, Jordi Bartomeu, Digital TV, Market Research, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
UK's Channel 4 records streaming high in October
Nov 15, 2023 – Channel 4 has recorded its biggest-ever month of streaming in October. Data released by Barb showed the channel registered 6.7 billion viewer minutes in October.
News categories: Channel 4, Ian Katz, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Semiconductor market to grow 20.2% in 2024 to $633 billion
Nov 14, 2023 – IDC has forecast a return to growth for the semiconductor market, raising its 2023 revenue outlook from $518.8bn to $526.5bn, and its 2024 revenue expectation from $625.9bn to $632.8bn.
News categories: IDC, Rudy Torrijos, Mario Morales, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
UK marketers expecting to increase FAST and AVOD spend
Nov 14, 2023 – According to the latest Advanced TV Uncovered study from AudienceXpress and CoLab Media Consulting, 89% of UK marketers surveyed expect to increase FAST and AVOD spend over the next 12 months.
News categories: FreeWheel, Stefanie Briec, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, UK
- Link Net fixed broadband business to move to XL Axiata
- World Archery partners with Joymo to upgrade Archery+ platform
- 20% of US internet households own a TV antenna, and 12% plan to buy one
- MetaBroadcast partners with Gracenote for Barb contract
- Amdocs research reveals streaming consumer expectations for 2024
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics