Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
India, Korea & China to drive pay TV revenue growth in Asia Pacific
Apr 6, 2021 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) forecasts that Asia Pacific pay-TV revenues will grow at a CAGR of 3% from 2020 to 2025 to top $60 billion, driven largely by India, China and Korea. Most other markets will continue to contract.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research
27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.
Apr 2, 2021 – Leichtman Research has found that 82% of U.S. households have at least one streaming video service, with 51% of households having three or more. However, not all of these services are being paid for directly by those who use them.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
SVOD finally taking off in Eastern European
Apr 1, 2021 – Eastern Europe’s SVOD sector is finally taking off, prompted mainly by launches by global platforms such as Disney+ and HBO Max. Digital TV Research forecasts 40 million SVOD subscriptions by 2026; up from 15 million at end-2020.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT
Pandemic gives watch parties foothold in the U.S.
Mar 30, 2021 – A study by The Diffusion Group has found that one-in-seven adult SVOD users cowatched an online TV show or movie with friends or family during the pandemic - a trend that began in March 2020.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Lauren Kozak, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
FreeWheel releases 10th anniversary U.S. Video Marketplace Report
Mar 29, 2021 – FreeWheel has released the 10th anniversary edition of its U.S. Video Marketplace Report. As people’s consumption of media has fragmented across devices, many have returned to the living room to watch connected TV.
News categories: FreeWheel, Dave Clark, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Media and Entertainment in India to reach ₹2.23 trillion by 2023
Mar 26, 2021 – The Indian Media and Entertainment (M&E) sector is expected to grow by 25% in 2021 to reach ₹1.73 trillion (US$23.7 billion) according to a FICCI-EY report. The sector is expected to reach ₹2.23 trillion (US$30.6 billion) by 2023.
News categories: FICCI, EY, Dilip Chenoy, Ashish Pherwani, Digital TV, India, Market Research
OTT competition to hinder traditional pay TV growth in Hong Kong
Mar 26, 2021 – According to GlobalData, pay TV revenue in Hong Kong will grow at a very sluggish CAGR of 0.7% between 2020 and 2025, primarily due to intense competition from pure play OTT video streaming service platforms such as Viu.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research
Five million fewer pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe in 2026
Mar 26, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, Eastern Europe will lose nearly 5 million pay TV subscribers between 2020 and 2026 to take the total to 78.18 million. The number of digital pay TV subscribers will however continue to increase.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
UK media buyers think CTV more effective than linear TV
Mar 25, 2021 – According to research released by Unruly, more than two-thirds (67%) of UK digital advertising professionals think connected TV (CTV) is a more effective ad channel than linear TV.
News categories: Unruly, MTM, Alex Khan, Rebecca Waring, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting