Market Research (Reports, Surveys, Forecasts, Subscribers, …) News
9 out of every 10 homes in Portugal have pay TV
Dec 31, 2020 – According to ANACOM data, in the 3rd quarter of 2020, 9 out of every 10 families in Portugal had Pay TV, representing growth of 3.6 percentage points in relation to the same quarter of the previous year.
News categories: ANACOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
Samsung to continue LCD panel manufacturing throughout 2021
Dec 31, 2020 – Despite previous expectations to shutter its LCD panel manufacturing operations, Samsung Display (SDC) will continue manufacturing panels in Korea, according to TrendForce.
News categories: TrendForce, Samsung Display, Jeanette Chan, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV installed base in the U.S. getting bigger and newer
Dec 23, 2020 – According to NPD, over the last several years American TV screens have been inching up in size. Installed TVs in the U.S. are now larger (15% are 60" or over) and newer (the average age is 4.9 years) than ever before.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Stephen Baker, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Falling IPTV subscriptions to affect pay TV revenues in Singapore
Dec 23, 2020 – Pay TV service revenues in Singapore will decline at a CAGR of 1.4% over 2020-2025 due to falling IPTV subscriptions, according to GlobalData. Pay TV household penetration is also expected to decline.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Singapore
Pay TV revenues in Korea expected to continue to grow
Dec 22, 2020 – The Pay TV market in South Korea is expected to reach US$7.2bn in 2025, mainly driven by subscription growth in IPTV services as well as in overall pay TV ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research
Record holiday sales of Connected TV devices predicted for Q4
Dec 17, 2020 – Global sales of connected TV devices are set to reach a new record this quarter as holiday demand and recovery from the impact of the pandemic drive sales to more than 111 million units, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Chirag Upadhyay, David Watkins, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Entain and Verizon Media to develop VR experience for live sports
Dec 17, 2020 – Verizon Media and Entain plc (LSE: ENT) have announced that they will develop a highly immersive proof of concept VR experience that will combine live sports viewing with interactive layers of sports data and gaming.
News categories: Verizon Media, Entain, Guru Gowrappan, Shay Segev, Digital TV, Market Research, UK, USA, UX, VR
69% of OTT trialers end up subscribing to at least one trialed service
Dec 16, 2020 – Parks Associates research has found that approximately 40% of US broadband households trialed at least one OTT service during the COVID-19 crisis and nearly 70% of these households ended up subscribing.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Nason, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Video streaming subscription growth sets new record
Dec 15, 2020 – Strategy Analytics' research has found that the annual increase in global SVOD subscriptions in Q3 2020 reached 217.6 million, the highest ever, beating the previous record of 211.7 million in Q4 2018.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, David Mercer, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand