Mexico (México) Digital TV News
Roku launches advertising business in Mexico
Feb 2, 2022 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced the expansion of its advertising business to Mexico, allowing brands and content providers to reach consumers through ad-supported content on its TV streaming platform.
News categories: Roku, Mirjam Laux, Advertising, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Roku TV expands with Sharp in the US & new brands in Mexico
Jan 3, 2022 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has partnered with Sharp to bring Sharp Roku TV models to the United States. In addition, the Roku TV licensing program in Mexico will expand with the addition of Aiwa and HKPRO starting in early 2022.
News categories: Roku, Sharp, Mustafa Ozgen, Jim Sanduski, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
Nov 30, 2021 – Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico, based on hours streamed, according to a study from the Hypothesis Group. This leadership position comes as the company closes 2021 with 8 Roku TV partners in Mexico and the availability of the new Roku Streaming Stick 4K player.
News categories: Roku, Arthur van Rest, Digital TV, Market Research, Mexico, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
Nov 22, 2021 – Axiros has announced that Megacable has selected its Axiros AXESS.ACS Platform to support the daily operations of its Android TV Set Top Box (STB) devices utilizing the Broadband Forum-compliant TR-069 protocol.
News categories: Axiros, Megacable, Michael Shaw, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box
Dish México selects SES's Online Video Platform for OTT
Nov 3, 2021 – SES has announced that Dish Mexico has selected its Online Video Platform (OVP) for OTT content delivery. Additionally, Dish Mexico has extended its contract with SES for satellite capacity on QuetzSat-1.
News categories: SES S.A, Dish México, Steve Collar, Roger Quintin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite, Streaming
Megacable video subscribers up 59,000 in 3Q 2021
Oct 26, 2021 – Megacable (BMV:MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the third quarter of 2021. The Video segment continued its growth trend, ending with 3,516,194 subscribers, up 155 thousand, or 4.6%, compared to 3Q20.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Results, Subscribers
Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
Sep 13, 2021 – Vubiquity (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced a multi-year renewal agreement with izzi, a leading cable TV operator in Mexico. As part of this agreement, Vubiquity will continue to provide content licensing and processing for the izzitv service.
News categories: Vubiquity, izzi, Anthony Goonetilleke, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico
Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
Jul 27, 2021 – Total Play Telecomunicaciones, S.A. de C.V., provider of triple play services in Mexico, has announced its Q2 2021 results. The company finished the quarter with 1,933,880 video RGUs, up 48% compared to one year earlier.
News categories: Total Play, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Results, Subscribers
Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
Jul 27, 2021 – Acxiom has announced a partnership with Totalplay in Mexico. The partnership combines Totalplay’s addressable demand-side platform (DSP) with Acxiom’s ethically sourced, privacy-compliant audience data segments.
News categories: Acxiom, Totalplay, Ben Peck, Hector Pita, Esteban Renaud, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK