Digital TV News: AIS
ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
Jun 24, 2021 – ATEME has announced that it has provided a packaging and storage solution to AIS in Thailand. AIS has deployed ATEME’s NEA-DVR, a Cloud-ready solution with embedded distributed storage (EDS).
News categories: ATEME, AIS, Alexandre Arnodin, Visut Assawanonthawong, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Thailand
Premium video captures 10% of video streaming minutes in SE Asia
May 18, 2021 – Premium video platforms, led by Netflix, Viu, WeTV, iQIYI and Vidio, captured 10% of total video streaming minutes in Q1 2021, according to a study published by Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Analyst Dhivya T, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
Feb 23, 2021 – Nigeria has created a Ministerial Task Force to drive the rollout of digital TV across the country. The conversion is to be private-sector driven, without subsidies for set-top-boxes or signal carriage.
News categories: Federal Ministry of Information and Culture, Content Distribution, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Verimatrix acquires Akamai Identity Services
Oct 24, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced the acquisition of the assets that comprise the Akamai Identity Services (AIS) product from Akamai (NASDAQ: AKAM). AIS enables content providers and video service operators to rapidly bring authenticated TVE services to market.
News categories: Verimatrix, Akamai, Mike Kleiman, Campbell Foster, Content Protection, Digital TV, MandA, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Viu launches in Thailand
May 17, 2017 – Viu has officially launched in Thailand, bringing the service now to 15 markets including Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Indonesia, the Philippines and the Middle East namely Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE.
News categories: PCCW Media, Janice Lee, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Thailand
AIS offers multiscreen IPTV in Thailand
Mar 22, 2017 – AIS has announced partnerships with multiple video entertainment providers including HBO. Mobile viewing is available through the AIS Play app, with AIS Fibre customer able to view at home via their AIS Playbox.
News categories: AIS, Prattana Leelapanang, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box, Thailand
Singtel TV subscribers up 1% in 2015
Feb 12, 2016 – Singtel has announced results for its third quarter and nine months ended 31 December 2015. Singtel TV finished the year with 424,000 subscribers, up from 420,000 at the end of 2014.
News categories: Singtel, IPTV, Results, Singapore, Subscribers
Open Register of Patent Ownership launched
Jun 15, 2015 – A group of leaders in Intellectual Property and Open Data has launched ORoPO, the world's first Open Register of Patent Ownership. ORoPO offers a solution to problems with the accuracy of current patent ownership records.
News categories: ORoPO, Roger Burt, Licensing, Patent
beActive launches beActive TV APP for Samsung devices
Sep 6, 2013 – beActive has launched, at IFA, its multi-platform beActive TV APP. It's a 3-device player (Connected TV, Tablet and Smartphones) that allows free access to hundreds of episodes of beActive's TV and Web series.
News categories: beActive, Apps, IFA, Mobile, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data