Digital TV News: Aferian
Amino gains RDK Video Accelerator set-top certification
Aug 31, 2022 – Amino has completed RDK Video Accelerator certification of its R180 set-top box. The box enables traditional middleware supported by Amino devices to run alongside premium OTT services, certified as part of the program.
News categories: Amino, Donald McGarva, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, IBC2022, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
Jun 21, 2022 – Amino has collaborated with Now TV in Hong Kong to integrate its IPTV service with OTT services such as HBO GO and Netflix. Amino Engage simplifies Now TV's device and app management while AminoOS enables a viewing experience that integrates OTT and IPTV.
News categories: Aferian, HKT, Donald McGarva, Derek Choi, Android TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box
Aferian acquires AI-powered video recommendation service The Filter
Mar 5, 2022 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has acquired 100% of Exabre Limited, trading as The Filter. The Filter's data science, analysis and machine learning technologies help consumers find and watch more of the video content they love.
News categories: Aferian, The Filter, Donald McGarva, Damien Read, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UK, UX, Worldwide
24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
Nov 18, 2021 – Aferian has announced that 24i has supported the launch of OTT service Cinessance in the US and Canada on iOS and Android. The service is built on cloud-based infrastructure from 24i, including video backend, apps, and content and app management.
News categories: 24i, Cinessance, Joachim Bergman, Clément Monnet, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, North America, Streaming
Amino launches operator-ready RDK-V devices
Nov 9, 2021 – Amino has become an RDK Video Accelerator (RDK-VA) member and now has RDK-V devices and software systems ready for deployment. The first device to receive RDK-VA certification will be the R180.
News categories: Amino, Aferian, Jonny McKee, Donald McGarva, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
Jun 21, 2021 – Amino (LSE AIM: AMO) has announced a change to its company name after launching a new strategy to become a software-driven growth business. Amino Technologies plc will be renamed Aferian plc.
News categories: Aferian, Donald McGarva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV