Digital TV News: Axel Springer
Wowza acquires video player specialist, Flowplayer
Sep 7, 2022 – Wowza has announced that it has acquired Flowplayer, a Sweden-based video player specialist. The acquisition was made in partnership with Clearhaven Partners, a US-based private equity firm that focuses on software and technology.
News categories: Wowza, Flowplayer, David Stubenvoll, Michelle Noon, Henrik Lovén, Dominik Schreiner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Media Player, Worldwide
Play Group acquires 92.5% of Redge Technologies
Jul 7, 2022 – The Play Group (part of iliad) has acquired 92.5% of Redge Technologies. The residual 7.5% remains with Przemysław Frasunek, CEO and Co-Founder of the company. In 2021, Redge Technologies had revenues in excess of €7.5 million.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Play Group, Przemysław Frasunek, Tomasz Potapczuk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, MandA, Poland, Streaming
Xandr introduces selling platform for premium TV and digital media companies
Sep 5, 2019 – Xandr has announced the launch of Xandr Monetize. The platform offers content owners improved monetization, through better inventory management, data-driven yield optimization, and differentiated buyer demand.
News categories: Xandr, Ryan Christensen, Carsten Schwecke, Amit Chaturvedi, Kya Sainsbury-Carter, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Irdeto Partners with Bluestreak Technology, APRICO Solutions and Axel Springer at IBC 2010 to Demonstrate a New Interactive Social TV Experience
Sep 10, 2010 – At IBC 2010, Irdeto (JSE: NPN) will partner with Bluestreak Technology, APRICO Solutions and Axel Springer Digital TV Guide to demonstrate a new interactive Social TV experience that unites televisions with connected devices.
News categories: Irdeto, Bluestreak, APRICO, Axel Springer, IBC2022, Media Player, Middleware, Portable, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Social TV
APRICO, Axel Springer and TVBLOB OTT CE device lets consumers build custom TV channels
Sep 11, 2009 – APRICO Solutions has announced a deal with TVBLOB that will result in the world's first over-the-top (OTT) CE device enabling consumers to create custom TV channels based around their favorite television programs.
News categories: APRICO, TVBLOB, Axel Springer, IBC2022, Italy, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
NDS and Axel Springer Cooperate to Promote Personal TV in Germany
May 26, 2009 – At ANGA Cable, NDS and Axel Springer Digital TV Guide (XETRA: SPR.DE) have announced their cooperation to promote personal TV to Germany's broadcasting, pay-TV and cable providers.
News categories: NDS Group, Axel Springer Digital TV Guide, Advertising, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DVR, Germany, Middleware
APRICO launches first solution to provide truly personalised TV channels
Sep 12, 2008 – APRICO (AEX: PHI, NYSE: PHG) and Axel Springer Digital TV Guide (Frankfurt: SPR) have announced the launch of the personal TV experience. APRICO enables broadcasters, MSOs and device manufacturers to provide genuine personalised TV channels.
News categories: APRICO, Axel Springer Digital TV Guide, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Axel Springer and Philips establish global alliance for Personal TV
May 30, 2008 – Axel Springer (Frankfurt: SPR) Digital TV Guide and Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) establish an alliance for the introduction of a global innovation in the sector of Personal TV. The new offering TV DIGITAL PERSONAL is powered by APRICO.
News categories: Philips, Axel Springer Digital TV Guide, APRICO, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
DoÄŸan Yayın Holding 2007 September 1H07 Results (DYH 2007 İlk 6 Ay Sonuçları)
Sep 17, 2007 – Total D-Smart users are expected to reach 4.8mn in 2016 (from 150,944 at end-August 2007), corresponding to ~23% of total households and ~33% of total satellite households.
News categories: DoÄŸan, D Smart, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Turkey
- More TV programmers tap Beachfront and Canoe to optimize ad revenues
- Accedo powers TVO and TVOkids apps in Canada
- Competition Commission of India approves Zee-SonyLIV merger, with conditions
- TV panel prices break five quarter fall in October
- 3SS and P3 partner for in-car entertainment on Android Automotive OS
- VideoAmp adds second-by-second ad performance measurement
- LG webOS Hub offers more customization for TV makers, more content for viewers
- Almost 2/3s of U.S. video streaming subscribers canceled a service in the last year
- Disney+ and Star+ relaunch on PS5 consoles
- 4Sales partners with ViewersLogic on TV attribution for Channel 4
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22