Digital TV News: Beeline
iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
Sep 14, 2019 – iWedia has expanded its cooperation with Kaltura by providing set-top box (STB) software products, application development and integration services for Beeline Kazakhstan. At the heart of the STB, lies iWedia's Teatro-3.5 software.
News categories: iWedia, Kaltura, Beeline, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Kazakhstan, Middleware, Set Top Box
Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
Aug 22, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that its Kaltura Cloud TV Platform is powering a newly-launched TV service for Beeline Kazakhstan. Beeline is using the Kaltura TV Platform to replace its legacy pay-TV service and to reach more devices and customers.
News categories: Kaltura, Beeline, Dr. Shay David, Sergey Leshchenko, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Set Top Box, UX
Kaltura releases updated Cloud TV Platform SDK
Feb 21, 2019 – Kaltura has released a new version of its Cloud TV Platform SDK. The SDK now includes playback optimization for mobile viewing, HEVC support, real-time analytics, plus advertising integrations such as Facebook Audience Network (FAN).
News categories: Kaltura, Dr. Shay David, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT
Beeline chooses Broadpeak CDN for TV Everywhere service
Dec 19, 2018 – Broadpeak has announced that it has been selected to power Russia's Beeline TV. Using CDN solutions from Broadpeak, Beeline can deliver live, VOD, catch-up and start-over TV content to a wide range of subscribers.
News categories: Broadpeak, Beeline, Jacques Le Mancq, Oleg Karadzhi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia, TV Everywhere
Kaltura powers Beeline TV Everywhere service
Sep 12, 2018 – Kaltura has revealed that its Kaltura TV Platform is powering the newly-launched Beeline TV service from VimpelCom in Russia. The Kaltura TV Platform gives VimpelCom the technology to replace its legacy pay TV service and reach more devices and customers.
News categories: Kaltura, VimpelCom, Dr. Shay David, George Held, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
Beeline adds catch-up TV in Moscow
Oct 31, 2014 – VimpelCom, which operates under the Beeline brand in Russia, has announced that it is now offering a catch-up TV service in the Moscow region. Starting on November 1st, the service allows customer to watch programmes broadcast over the previous 48 hours.
News categories: VimpelCom, Beeline, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
ArmenTel announces IPTV service
Apr 17, 2014 – Armenia Telephone Company CJSC (ArmenTel), which operates using the Beeline brand in Armenia, has announced the launch of an IPTV service
News categories: ArmenTel, Armenia, Digital TV, IPTV
Pay TV subscriptions in Russia to hit 37.6 million in 2016
Aug 17, 2012 – According to J'son & Partners, the number of pay TV subscribers in Russia at the end of 2011 was 28.6 million, up 22.2% on 2010. The company expects this number to reach 37.6 million by 2016, representing 69% of households compared with 52% for 2011.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Russia's STB market to be flat at 2.5 million units in 2012
Dec 5, 2011 – According to a report from J'son & Partners commissioned by the European Audiovisual Observatory, the number of set-top boxes shipped this year in Russia will be 2.5 million, with no growth expected in 2012.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration