Digital TV News: DELTA
Paramount+ added 9.9 million subscribers in Q4 2022
Feb 16, 2023 – Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA; PARAA) has announced results for the period ended December 31, 2022. Paramount+ subscribers grew to nearly 56 million following a record quarterly increase of 9.9 million.
News categories: Paramount, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
CTA lowers revenue forecast for U.S. technology sector
Jan 3, 2023 – Research from the CTA projects U.S. technology retail revenues of $485 billion in 2023. This new data puts revenues slightly above pre-pandemic levels, following a three-year surge that peaked in 2021.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
Nov 29, 2022 – Deltatre has been selected by Dyn Media to build its new OTT service aimed at sports fans across Germany and the wider DACH region. The streaming platform is due to launch in Summer 2023.
News categories: Deltatre, Dyn Media, Gilles Mas, Andreas Heyden, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, Switzerland
Deltatre launches turnkey end-to-end OTT video platform
Oct 17, 2022 – Deltatre has announced the launch of a turnkey end-to-end video and application platform that will allow new entrants to the OTT sector to go live with market-ready video streaming services within 90 days.
News categories: Deltatre, Gilles Mas, Andrea Marini, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Aferian announces results for the year ended 30 November 2021.
Feb 10, 2022 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has announced results for the year ended 30 November 2021. During the year, Amino grew revenues by 11% to $75.1m and maintained its strong margins and cash generation. 24i continues to grow recurring revenue organically.
News categories: Aferian, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
Jan 12, 2022 – Global consumer media usage, including all digital and traditional media channels, grew at a decelerated rate of 1.6% to an average of 54.4 hours per week (HPW) in 2021, according to PQ Media’s Global Consumer Media Usage Forecast 2021-2025.
News categories: PQ Media, Patrick Quinn, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Another record quarter for Smart Speakers in 3Q21
Dec 20, 2021 – The effects of the global component shortage have worked their way into the smart speaker supply chain, impacting Chinese vendors more acutely than others, according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Jack Narcotta, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home
Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
Oct 19, 2021 – According to Deloitte, media companies are trying to retain paid subscribers on their streaming video services. But they also compete with social media and gaming, which offer both entertainment and social interaction.
News categories: Deloitte, Kevin Westcott, Jana Arbanas, COVID-19, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Deltatre adds new sport-related functionality to its UX suite
Oct 5, 2021 – Deltatre has announced the development of a new suite of sport-focussed features and functionality within its UX management tool, AXIS, to support leagues, teams and federations.
News categories: Deltatre, Gilles Mas, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028