Digital TV News: DiBcom
Global Mobile Satellite Television Market to Reach $11 Billion by 2015
Feb 22, 2010 – GIA has announced the release of a global report on the Mobile Satellite Television market which is projected to reach $11 billion by 2015, driven by the growing consumer demand for video content on an anytime, anywhere basis.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Satellite
DiBcom Launches ISDB-T Mobile TV Solution in Latin America
Feb 10, 2010 – DiBcom has announced the launch of the DIB10096, a new IC supporting Japanese ISDB-T in Full-Seg and One-Seg as well as European DVB-T, the two most widely used standards in the world today.
News categories: DiBcom, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Conditional Access, Digital TV, ICs, ISDB-T, Mobile, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Alcatel-Lucent, Solaris Mobile and towerCast team up for DVB-SH mobile TV in Paris
Nov 26, 2009 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU), Solaris Mobile and towerCast have announced the first satellite broadcast infrastructure to demonstrate potential services using DVB-SH to be deployed in Paris and surrounding suburbs.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Solaris Mobile, towerCast, Dibcom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Mobile, Semiconductor
In-Car GPS-with-TV Market Experiences Huge Growth Despite Auto Crisis
Sep 2, 2009 – DiBcom has announced that its technology is now integrated into Mio and Garmin Navigation devices to enable the reception of digital television. The company has witnessed a significant increase in sales of components for these devices.
News categories: DiBcom, IBCShowcase, In-Car, Semiconductor
DiBcom partners with Solaris Mobile for DVB-SH launch
Apr 20, 2009 – DiBcom has announced that it has entered into an agreement with the satellite-based service Solaris Mobile. Solaris Mobile will provide mobile television and in-vehicle entertainment, information and communication services across Europe.
News categories: DiBcom, Solaris Mobile, Digital TV, Europe, Mobile, Satellite, Semiconductor
Discretix, DiBcom & Expway Demonstrate Complete Mobile TV Reference Design at 2009 Mobile World Congress
Feb 16, 2009 – DiBcom, Expway and Discretix have announced the debut of an end-to-end, standards-based mobile TV reference design, that will be on display at the 2009 Mobile World Congress.
News categories: DiBcom, Expway, Discretix, Content Protection, Middleware, Mobile, MWC20, Semiconductor
Antenova Brings Digital TV to Mobile Devices
Feb 16, 2009 – Antenova has announced their tuneable Mobile TV antenna and reference design for the reception of Digital Mobile TV in small form factor devices for global markets.
News categories: Antenova, Mobile, MWC20
Solaris Mobile Ready to Launch at the Mobile World Congress
Feb 10, 2009 – At the Mobile World Congress, Solaris Mobile and its partners will provide mobile TV solutions based on DVB-SH by moving vehicles on two different demonstration platforms and on its Booth AV05a to next generation handsets and multimedia players.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, Europe, In-Car, Mobile, MWC20
DiBcom Launches a Revolutionary Solution for Mobile TV
Feb 4, 2009 – DiBcom has announced the launch of its new platform that offers device manufacturers a solution to the problem of multiple standards worldwide for fixed and mobile TV. Referred to as 'Octopus', the chip is based on a programmable architecture.
News categories: DiBcom, Digital TV, ICs, In-Car, ISDB-T, Mobile, MWC20, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, Semiconductor, Tablet, Terrestrial
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results