Digital TV News: DiBcom
Global Mobile Satellite Television Market to Reach $11 Billion by 2015
Feb 22, 2010 – GIA has announced the release of a global report on the Mobile Satellite Television market which is projected to reach $11 billion by 2015, driven by the growing consumer demand for video content on an anytime, anywhere basis.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Satellite
DiBcom Launches ISDB-T Mobile TV Solution in Latin America
Feb 10, 2010 – DiBcom has announced the launch of the DIB10096, a new IC supporting Japanese ISDB-T in Full-Seg and One-Seg as well as European DVB-T, the two most widely used standards in the world today.
News categories: DiBcom, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Conditional Access, Digital TV, ICs, ISDB-T, Mobile, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Alcatel-Lucent, Solaris Mobile and towerCast team up for DVB-SH mobile TV in Paris
Nov 26, 2009 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU), Solaris Mobile and towerCast have announced the first satellite broadcast infrastructure to demonstrate potential services using DVB-SH to be deployed in Paris and surrounding suburbs.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Solaris Mobile, towerCast, Dibcom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Mobile, Semiconductor
In-Car GPS-with-TV Market Experiences Huge Growth Despite Auto Crisis
Sep 2, 2009 – DiBcom has announced that its technology is now integrated into Mio and Garmin Navigation devices to enable the reception of digital television. The company has witnessed a significant increase in sales of components for these devices.
News categories: DiBcom, IBC, In-Car, Semiconductor
DiBcom partners with Solaris Mobile for DVB-SH launch
Apr 20, 2009 – DiBcom has announced that it has entered into an agreement with the satellite-based service Solaris Mobile. Solaris Mobile will provide mobile television and in-vehicle entertainment, information and communication services across Europe.
News categories: DiBcom, Solaris Mobile, Digital TV, Europe, Mobile, Satellite, Semiconductor
Discretix, DiBcom & Expway Demonstrate Complete Mobile TV Reference Design at 2009 Mobile World Congress
Feb 16, 2009 – DiBcom, Expway and Discretix have announced the debut of an end-to-end, standards-based mobile TV reference design, that will be on display at the 2009 Mobile World Congress.
News categories: DiBcom, Expway, Discretix, Content Protection, Middleware, Mobile, MWC21, Semiconductor
Antenova Brings Digital TV to Mobile Devices
Feb 16, 2009 – Antenova has announced their tuneable Mobile TV antenna and reference design for the reception of Digital Mobile TV in small form factor devices for global markets.
News categories: Antenova, Mobile, MWC21
Solaris Mobile Ready to Launch at the Mobile World Congress
Feb 10, 2009 – At the Mobile World Congress, Solaris Mobile and its partners will provide mobile TV solutions based on DVB-SH by moving vehicles on two different demonstration platforms and on its Booth AV05a to next generation handsets and multimedia players.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, Europe, In-Car, Mobile, MWC21
DiBcom Launches a Revolutionary Solution for Mobile TV
Feb 4, 2009 – DiBcom has announced the launch of its new platform that offers device manufacturers a solution to the problem of multiple standards worldwide for fixed and mobile TV. Referred to as 'Octopus', the chip is based on a programmable architecture.
News categories: DiBcom, Digital TV, ICs, In-Car, ISDB-T, Mobile, MWC21, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, Semiconductor, Tablet, Terrestrial
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying