Digital TV News: Edgeware
OTT competition to hinder traditional pay TV growth in Hong Kong
Mar 26, 2021 – According to GlobalData, pay TV revenue in Hong Kong will grow at a very sluggish CAGR of 0.7% between 2020 and 2025, primarily due to intense competition from pure play OTT video streaming service platforms such as Viu.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research
Edgeware StreamBuilder selected for A1 Xplore TV
Sep 1, 2020 – Edgeware has announced that A1 Telekom Austria Group has deployed Edgeware's online TV solutions to help maximize audience reach for its new content and streaming platform, A1 Xplore TV.
News categories: Edgeware, A1 Telekom Austria Group, Karl Thedéen, Alexander Stock, Austria, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile
Edgeware chooses Norigin Media OTT Testing-aaS
May 14, 2020 – Norigin Media is to provide quality assurance for Edgeware’s StreamPilot, a streaming control solution for multi-CDN environments. The collaboration will be based on Norigin Media's OTT Testing-aaS packages.
News categories: Norigin Media, Edgeware’, Ajey Anand, Kalle Henriksson, Content Identification, Digital TV, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
Edgeware and ENENSYS form alliance
Nov 19, 2019 – Edgeware and ENENSYS have announced that the two companies are forming a technological and global sales alliance. The companies will cooperate on key opportunities which leverage the strengths of each in their respective markets.
News categories: ENENSYS, Andy Hooper, Claude Seyrat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
Aug 13, 2019 – Edgeware has announced that Malta’s GO has deployed a solution that includes Edgeware’s CDN and Origin platforms, enabling it to deliver multi-screen services and provide viewers with a fully mobile and flexible TV-experience.
News categories: Edgeware, GO Malta, Johan Bolin, Chris Attard, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Malta, OTT
Edgeware offers its OTT technology as a service
Apr 25, 2019 – Edgeware has announced the launch of its Edgeware Cloud Service, providing broadcasters, telecom- and cable TV-operators with access to its technology and expertise without the need to own and run systems in-house.
News categories: Edgeware, Karl Thedéen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
YouGov research for Edgeware finds clear demand for tailored TV content
Apr 4, 2019 – Online research from Edgeware and YouGov has found that 89% of adults across the UK, USA, Hong Kong, Mexico and Spain would be interested in content that is aimed at their personal interests when watching traditional TV channels.
News categories: Edgeware, YouGov, Johan Bolin, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research, Mexico, NABShow, Spain, UK, USA
Edgeware enables broadcasters to launch tailored live TV channels for OTT
Apr 2, 2019 – Edgeware has announced the launch of its Virtual Channel Creation solution. The product can be used to create alternative OTT versions of linear channels that are adapted for their audiences – such as fans of different sports teams, an age demographic or people watching in a particular region.
News categories: Edgeware, Johan Bolin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Edgeware to acquire subtitling supplier Cavena Image Products
Jan 11, 2019 – Edgeware has announced that it is to acquire Swedish subtitling expert Cavena Image Products AB. The deal broadens Edgeware’s offering to broadcasters and content owners by adding subtitling automation to its origin solution.
News categories: Edgeware, Cavena, Karl Thedéen, Henrik Moberg, Digital TV, MandA, Mobile, OTT, Sweden, Worldwide
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
- Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud