Digital TV News: Eurostar
ASTRA 2G satellite released into geostationary transfer orbit
Dec 28, 2014 – SES (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 2G satellite has been launched into space on board an ILS Proton Breeze M booster. The Breeze M has successfully released the ASTRA 2G satellite into geostationary transfer orbit.
News categories: SES S.A, International Launch Services, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Astra 5B goes live at 31.5°E
Jun 2, 2014 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 5B satellite has gone live at the orbital position of 31.5° East over Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Europe, Russia, Satellite
ASTRA 5B satellite launch success on Ariane 5
Mar 22, 2014 – SES (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 5B satellite was successfully orbited by an Ariane 5 rocket from the European spaceport in Kourou, French Guyana, at 19:04 local time on March 22nd, 2014.
News categories: SES S.A, Romain Bausch, François Auque, Antonio Tajani, Content Distribution, Europe, Satellite
Astra 2E satellite slated for launch on September 30
Sep 27, 2013 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 2E satellite is scheduled for launch on board an ILS Proton launch vehicle from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan on September 30th, 2013.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Europe, Satellite
SES Successfully Launches ASTRA 2F Satellite
Oct 1, 2012 – SES (Paris:SESG)(LuxX:SESG) has announced that its new ASTRA 2F satellite was successfully launched on Friday, 28 September, on board an Ariane 5 rocket from Kourou, French Guiana. This is SES' 36th successful launch on Ariane.
News categories: SES S.A, Ariane, Content Distribution, Ireland, Satellite, UK
Eutelsat ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 Satellite Goes Live
Oct 24, 2011 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced the entry into commercial service of its ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 satellite. The transfer of all television channels onto ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 at 7 degrees West from the ATLANTIC BIRD™ 4A satellite was completed on October 23.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Middle-East, Satellite
New SES Satellite ASTRA 1N Operational
Oct 24, 2011 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that its new ASTRA 1N satellite has entered commercial service at the orbital position of 28.2 degrees East. ASTRA 1N is notably being used by Channel 4 and ITV.
News categories: SES S.A., Content Distribution, Satellite, UK
ASTRA 1N Roars into Space on Board Ariane 5
Aug 7, 2011 – SES (Paris, LuxX: SESG) has announced that its new ASTRA 1N satellite has been successfully launched on board an Ariane 5 rocket from Kourou, French Guiana, on August 6th at 19:52 pm local time (0:52 am Central European Summer Time on August 7th).
News categories: SES S.A., Europe, Satellite
Eurostar and Pace win Etisalat deal to support delivery of 'eLife' triple play services
Feb 23, 2011 – Eurostar and Pace (LSE: PIC) have been appointed by Etisalat to enable delivery of digital TV services to its customers. To enable the rollout of Etisalat's eLife triple play services, Pace developed HD PVR set-top boxes and Residential Gateways.
News categories: Pace plc, Etisalat, Eurostar, CABSAT, Digital TV, DVR, Fibre, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, UAE
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 373,000 in 4Q 2021
- Swedish standalone SVOD revenues hit new record in 2021
- castLabs and Lemonade.TV+ work together on DRM and video playback
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Canada
- Claro video comes to ZEASN-powered smart TVs in Latin America
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021