Digital TV News: FreeTV
FreeTV launched, powered by Redge Media
Sep 14, 2023 – FreeTV is now available in Israel with more than 50 live channels and tens of thousands of VOD assets. FreeTV operates as an end-to-end deployment on the Redge Media platform.
News categories: Redge Media, FreeTV, Andrzej Nowak, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Redge partners with Media-Press for TV and streaming metadata
Sep 5, 2023 – Redge Technologies has partnered with Media-Press.TV to create a discovery experience based on Media-Press's metadata, making it easier to find content, either on-demand or via live streaming.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Media-Press, Przemysław Frasunek, Bartosz Lewandowicz, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Redge Technologies teams up with NPAW for advanced analytics
Aug 30, 2023 – Redge Technologies has partnered with NPAW to provide analytics for its streaming platform, enabling monitoring and optimization of performance and the quality of the user experience.
News categories: Redge Technologies, NPAW, Marek Szymczak, Till Sudworth, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming, UX
Redge Media to power Free TV streaming platform in Israel
Sep 6, 2022 – Free TV plans to launch streaming TV and fiber-based services in Isreal by the end of 2022 and has selected Redge Media to provide a complete ecosystem of front end, back end and video processing.
News categories: Redge Media, Andrzej Nowak, Rami David, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Timetable released for digital switchover in Nigeria
Mar 11, 2021 – Phase 2 of digital switchover in Nigeria will commence with switch on in Lagos, Kano and Rivers states. The first analogue switch off is slated to take place on 28th May, 2021 in Abuja.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Prof. Armstrong Idachaba, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Terrestrial
Fransat and HD+ adopt Intertrust XCA content protection
Sep 12, 2019 – Intertrust has announced that Fransat and HD+, France and Germany’s leading free TV operators, have selected Intertrust’s ExpressPlay XCA to protect and manage video streams over major broadcast and IPTV networks.
News categories: Intertrust, Fransat, HD+, Talal G. Shamoon, Digital TV, DRM, France, Germany, IBC2023, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Nigeria to switch-on DTT in Kwara and Kaduna states
Dec 18, 2017 – The National Broadcasting Commission of Nigeria will on Wednesday December 20, 2017 and Friday December 22, 2017 switch Kwara and Kaduna States from Analogue transmission to Digital Terrestrial Television transmission.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Is’haq Modibbo Kawu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Terrestrial
SES moves over 25 million households in Nigeria to digital
May 11, 2016 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has signed an agreement with Cable Channels Nigeria (CCNL) to provide a video platform, via SES’s prime orbital position at 28.2°E, for the provision of DTT and DTH broadcasting in Nigeria.
News categories: SES S.A, CWG, Ibrahima Guimba-Saidou, James Agada, Mohammed Bawa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite, Terrestrial
UK's Freesat now in 1.9 million households
May 11, 2015 – Freesat, the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service, has announced a positive start to the year, including strong take-up of its connected TV service. Freesat is used in 1.9 million households, watched by four million viewers each week.
News categories: Freesat, Alistair Thom, Digital TV, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond