Digital TV News: GSMA
Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
Apr 7, 2021 – The GSMA and the Government of Spain have announced an agreement to allow MWC21 Barcelona registrants to enter Spain to attend the in-person event. MWC21 Barcelona will also be a hybrid event for the first time.
News categories: GSMA, John Hoffman, Mobile, MWC22, Spain, Worldwide
5G to account for 15% of global mobile industry by 2025
Feb 25, 2019 – 5G is on track to account for 15% of global mobile connections by 2025, as the number of 5G network launches and compatible devices ramps up this year, according to a GSMA report published at MWC Barcelona 2019.
News categories: GSMA, Mats Granryd, 5G, Market Research, MWC22, Worldwide
Samsung showcases end-to-end 5G technology at MWC19
Feb 24, 2019 – At MWC19, Samsung will show its new Galaxy S10 5G mobile phone. Also on display will be equipment that helps make widescale 5G deployment possible, including the live broadcasting of GSMA ‘Mobile World Live TV’ using Samsung’s 5G solutions.
News categories: Samsung, DJ Koh, Paul Kyungwhoon Cheun, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC22, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Worldwide
Kaltura releases updated Cloud TV Platform SDK
Feb 21, 2019 – Kaltura has released a new version of its Cloud TV Platform SDK. The SDK now includes playback optimization for mobile viewing, HEVC support, real-time analytics, plus advertising integrations such as Facebook Audience Network (FAN).
News categories: Kaltura, Dr. Shay David, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Streaming
ICFLIX to be available on PTCL’s Smart TV in Pakistan
Feb 14, 2017 – ICFLIX is reinforcing its position in Pakistan and further strengthening its partnership with PTCL. PTCL customers will now be able to enjoy ICFLIX content on PTCL Smart TV, which offers viewers high quality television and is available in 150 major cities across Pakistan.
News categories: ICFLIX, PTCL, Amine Lalami, Adnan Shahid, Digital TV, Pakistan, Streaming
ShowMax expands internet TV service to sub-Saharan Africa
May 13, 2016 – ShowMax has officially launched internet TV services to 36 countries across sub-Saharan Africa. The company originally launched in August 2015 with the largest subscription video on demand catalogue on the continent.
News categories: ShowMax, Barron Ernst, Africa, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Congo-Brazzaville, Digital TV, DRC, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mobile, Namibia, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Streaming, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
PTCL and ZTE to set up Joint Innovation Centre for video services
Mar 4, 2016 – Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) has signed a memorandum of understanding with ZTE for setting up a Joint Innovation Center (JIC) on Big Video in Pakistan. The JIC is a key initiative of PTCL and ZTE for Smart TV development.
News categories: PTCL, ZTE, Adnan Shahid, Frank Fang, Zhu Jinyun, Content Distribution, IPTV, Pakistan
Proliferation of Connected Devices will create a $1.2tr Revenue Opportunity
Oct 10, 2011 – The GSMA, with the support of AT&T, Deutsche Bank, KT, Telenor Connexion and Vodafone, and in partnership with Machina Research, has released research that outlines the market opportunity and revenue potential for connected devices.
News categories: GSMA, Market Research, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet
IPWireless and Amdocs to Demonstrate Mobile Broadcast (IMB) Applications on Samsung Galaxy S and Tab
Feb 14, 2011 – IPWireless has announced that it has collaborated with Amdocs (NYSE:DOX) to demonstrate rich, consumer friendly multimedia applications for Mobile TV, video recording with catch-up with live TV and more based on the 3GPP IMB standard.
News categories: IPWireless, Amdocs, 5G, Content Distribution, Mobile, MWC22, Tablet
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion