Digital TV News: HTTV
Thomson Video Networks powers Ivory Coast DTT pilot
Sep 29, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that its HD/SD encoding and video processing solutions are being deployed as part of a pilot digital terrestrial television (DTT) video headend for CNM-TNT, the Ivory Coast committee heading the country's transition to digital.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Thomson Broadcast, Christophe Delahousse, Pascal Veillat, Content Distribution, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Zinwell selects HTTV for HbbTV DVB-T2 receiver
May 26, 2015 – HTTV has announced the integration of httvLink, its HbbTV and HTML5 compliant TV operating system for connected STBs, with Zinwell receivers. The receiver is based on Broadcom's BCM7563 DVB-T2 chipset.
News categories: HTTV, Zinwell, Régis Saint Girons, River Chiang, Africa, Asia, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, DVB-T2, HbbTV, HTML5, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
HTTV and TeVolution combine DTT/OTT efforts for Africa
Oct 30, 2014 – HTTV and TeVolution, an OTT Pay TV Platform, have announced they will showcase at Africacast 2014 exhibition a joint demonstration to offer first-class connected TV experience to the African Pay TV market.
News categories: HTTV, TeVolution, Régis Saint Girons, Raphaël Porte, Africa, Digital TV, Middleware, Senegal, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Excaf Telecom selects HTTV's Hybrid TVOS to power DVB-T2 STBs
Sep 10, 2014 – Excaf Telecom Group, the DTT operator in charge of the Analogue Switch Off in Senegal, has signed a contract with HTTV for the deployment of up to 1 million DVB-T2 set-top boxes.
News categories: HTTV, Excaf Telecom, Régis Saint Girons, Sidy Diagne, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Middleware, Semiconductor, Senegal, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
HTTV and FOXXUM team-up for HbbTV
Sep 4, 2014 – HTTV and FOXXUM have announced that they have teamed-up to create a unique Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV partnership. Both companies have joined forces to offer a first class solution for Pay TV operators.
News categories: HTTV, FOXXUM, Régis Saint Girons, Ronny Lutzi, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Parabole Réunion selects HTTV and Skyworth for connected STB
Aug 28, 2014 – HTTV has announced that it has teamed up with Skyworth to deliver Parabole Réunion’s first HbbTV-compliant Set Top Box, enabling the Indian Ocean DTH Pay TV operator to bring services to local French-speaking communities.
News categories: HTTV, Skyworth, Parabole Réunion, Régis Saint Girons, Michel Juanico, Conditional Access, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Mascarene Islands, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
HbbTV Association announces Asian symposium
May 27, 2014 – The HbbTV Association has announced the 'HbbTV Symposium: Asia'. The conference is to take place on June 18th at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Singapore during the Broadcast Asia and CommunicAsia 2014 tradeshows.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Régis Saint Girons, Kirk Edwardson, Asia, BroadcastAsia, HbbTV, Singapore
HTTV to provide HbbTV head-end to Sentech
May 20, 2014 – HTTV has announced that it will supply httvStream, its flagship Head End product, to enable Sentech and South African broadcasters to deploy HbbTV services on Sentech's Direct To Home - Satellite (DTH - S) Platform.
News categories: HTTV, Sentech, Régis Saint Girons, Gordon Maynar, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Satellite, South Africa
Sigma Designs reports fiscal year 2014 results
Apr 9, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its fourth quarter and year ended February 1, 2014. Net revenue for 2014 was $199.2 million, a decrease of $17.4 million, or 8.0%, from $216.6 million in the previous year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
- PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
- Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
- Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
- Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia