Digital TV News: IFA Berlin
IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
May 19, 2020 – IFA has been given the go-ahead to take place in 2020 as a real-life event in Berlin. Taking place over just three days – from 3 to 5 September – the invite-only event will put strict limits on the number of attendees and focus on IFA’s four global core functions.
News categories: IFA Berlin, Jens Heithecker, COVID-19, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020
Europe’s first free-to-air UHD channel to go live at IFA
Jul 8, 2015 – The shopping channel pearl.tv will start broadcasting in Ultra High Definition (UHD) via satellite and the internet to coincide with IFA Berlin in September. For its entrance into the UHD era, the channel will rely on the expertise of SES Platform Services.
News categories: SES Platform Services, Enstyle, Sophie Lersch, Dr. Michael Sichler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IFA2020, Satellite
Global TV Demand Expected to be Flat in 2013
Oct 24, 2012 – With consumers all over the world facing continued economic uncertainty, global TV demand is expected to be flat in 2013, after shipments of all TV types declined by more than 4% in 2012, to 237M, according to NPD DisplaySearch.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Networking Becomes Key Feature for Flat Panel TVs
Nov 2, 2011 – In 2011, more than 27% of TVs shipped worldwide will be able to connect to a network, a figure that is expected to rise 54% to 155 million by 2015, according to DisplaySearch.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, IFA2020, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV
Vestel to Launch the First BitTorrent Certified Smart TV
Sep 1, 2011 – Vestel and BitTorrent plan to show the world's first BitTorrent Certified Digital TV at IFA. The TV will enable consumers to find, play and share all types of personal media, independently-produced content and internet files directly on their TV.
News categories: BitTorrent, Vestel, Digital TV, IFA2020, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Swedish manufacturer launches world's first Android TV
Apr 6, 2010 – Sweden's People of Lava has launched the world's first fully interactive internet TV. The new People of Lava 'Scandinavia' will soon hit the stores, complete with Full-HD LED display and a fully integrated Android platform.
News categories: People of Lava, Android TV, Digital TV, IFA2020, OTT, Smart TV
S&T prepares broadcasters for next-generation interactive TV at IBC
Sep 4, 2009 – Strategy & Technology is launching the MHEG Presenter 2 product suite at IBC, which builds on the existing support for digital teletext and other information services with new modules for Video on Demand (VoD) support.
News categories: S&T, IBCShowcase, MHEG-5, Middleware
WirelessHD® 60GHz CE Products Arrive in Europe
Sep 3, 2009 – The WirelessHD® Consortium has announced that the European Union has approved the 60GHz band for unlicensed commercial use and WirelessHD products are now available in Europe. Products will be showcased at the IFA Expo in Berlin.
News categories: WirelessHD, European Commission, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IFA2020, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Regulation, Romania, Semiconductor, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart Home, Smart TV, Spain, Sweden, UK
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results