Digital TV News: IFA Berlin
Ukrainian brand KIVI introduces Smart TV lineup
Sep 6, 2022 – KIVI introduced its new Smart TV product line at IFA Berlin. The series includes models from 24" to 65" with different resolutions in a frameless design. The design is a result of work done by KIVI's own R&D center and three international design offices.
News categories: KIVI, Android TV, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Hungary, IFABerlin, Poland, Romania, Smart TV
Health uncertainties force IFA Berlin 2021 cancellation
May 19, 2021 – IFA 2021 will not take place in September as a physical live event as originally planned. The organisers are now working to get everything ready for IFA 2022, a full-scale live event at the Berlin exhibition grounds.
News categories: Messe Berlin, gfu, Martin Ecknig, Kai Hillebrandt, Digital TV, Germany, IFABerlin, Worldwide
IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
May 19, 2020 – IFA has been given the go-ahead to take place in 2020 as a real-life event in Berlin. Taking place over just three days – from 3 to 5 September – the invite-only event will put strict limits on the number of attendees and focus on IFA’s four global core functions.
News categories: IFA Berlin, Jens Heithecker, COVID-19, Digital TV, Germany, IFABerlin
Europe’s first free-to-air UHD channel to go live at IFA
Jul 8, 2015 – The shopping channel pearl.tv will start broadcasting in Ultra High Definition (UHD) via satellite and the internet to coincide with IFA Berlin in September. For its entrance into the UHD era, the channel will rely on the expertise of SES Platform Services.
News categories: SES Platform Services, Enstyle, Sophie Lersch, Dr. Michael Sichler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Satellite
Global TV Demand Expected to be Flat in 2013
Oct 24, 2012 – With consumers all over the world facing continued economic uncertainty, global TV demand is expected to be flat in 2013, after shipments of all TV types declined by more than 4% in 2012, to 237M, according to NPD DisplaySearch.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Networking Becomes Key Feature for Flat Panel TVs
Nov 2, 2011 – In 2011, more than 27% of TVs shipped worldwide will be able to connect to a network, a figure that is expected to rise 54% to 155 million by 2015, according to DisplaySearch.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, IFABerlin, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
Vestel to Launch the First BitTorrent Certified Smart TV
Sep 1, 2011 – Vestel and BitTorrent plan to show the world's first BitTorrent Certified Digital TV at IFA. The TV will enable consumers to find, play and share all types of personal media, independently-produced content and internet files directly on their TV.
News categories: BitTorrent, Vestel, Digital TV, IFABerlin, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
Swedish manufacturer launches world's first Android TV
Apr 6, 2010 – Sweden's People of Lava has launched the world's first fully interactive internet TV. The new People of Lava 'Scandinavia' will soon hit the stores, complete with Full-HD LED display and a fully integrated Android platform.
News categories: People of Lava, Android TV, Digital TV, IFABerlin, Smart TV, Streaming
S&T prepares broadcasters for next-generation interactive TV at IBC
Sep 4, 2009 – Strategy & Technology is launching the MHEG Presenter 2 product suite at IBC, which builds on the existing support for digital teletext and other information services with new modules for Video on Demand (VoD) support.
News categories: S&T, IBC2022, MHEG-5, Middleware
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022