Digital TV News: Kabel Deutschland
Kabel Deutschland to create next generation video service with Cisco
Jan 5, 2015 – Kabel Deutschland (KD) has announced a partnership with Cisco to create its next generation video service. The service converges TV content, including broadcast, on-demand, catch-up, and time-shift TV with Internet video of all types, to create a video-hub for the home.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Kabel Deutschland, Cable TV, CES2023, Content Distribution, Germany, IFA
Subscriber numbers to fall for 40 of Europe's Pay TV operators
Oct 8, 2014 – A report from Digital TV Research forecasts that subscriber numbers will fall for 40 of Europe's pay TV operators between 2013 and 2020.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
RDK Management announces availability of DVB components
Jun 11, 2014 – RDK Management has announced that the Reference Design Kit (RDK) now provides key components for the Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) standard that is widely used throughout Europe and other parts of the world.
News categories: RDK Management, SeaChange, Steve Heeb, Shiva Patibanda, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, RDK, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
S3 Group selected by Kabel Deutschland for end-to-end service validation
May 12, 2014 – S3 Group has announced that it has been selected by Kabel Deutschland, Germany's largest cable network operator, to help it scale and validate video services on various consumer premises equipment (CPE).
News categories: S3 Group, Kabel Deutschland, Bernd Hansen, Philip Brennan, Wolfgang Zeller, John Maguire, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Germany, QoE
Liberty Global joins RDK venture
Mar 13, 2014 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) and RDK Management have announced the strategic addition of Liberty Global as a new member in the RDK joint venture.
News categories: RDK Management, Liberty Global, Balan Nair, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Licensing, RDK, USA
Kabel Deutschland joins RDK community
Feb 11, 2014 – Kabel Deutschland has announced that it has licensed the Reference Design Kit from RDK Management aimed at accelerating the development of in-home devices and video services.
News categories: RDK Management, Kabel Deutschland, Lorenz Glatz, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Licensing, RDK, Set Top Box
Kabel Deutschland adds 76,000 pay TV subscribers in 2013
Feb 5, 2014 – Kabel Deutschland (KDH) has released results for the quarter ended December 31, 2013. The recovery of the Premium TV business continued in Q3 with 86 thousand RGU net adds quarter on quarter after a weaker H1.
News categories: Kabel Deutschland, Cable TV, DVR, Germany, Results, Subscribers
Liberty Global extends its dominance in Europe
Nov 13, 2013 – Pay TV subscriptions for the 102 operators across 26 countries covered in a new report from Digital TV Research will increase from a collective 105.8 million in 2008 to 131.9 million in 2012 and onto 147.1 million by 2018.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
BRIC countries keep Pay-TV market growing despite cable subscriber losses
Jul 30, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Pay TV Services and Subscribers report. Cable makes up the largest portion of the pay-TV market, but this will change by 2017 when satellite grows to more than 40% of total pay-TV revenue.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden