Digital TV News: Kaon
Irdeto enables platform reusability and scalability for super aggregators
Sep 9, 2022 – Irdeto has announced a solution for the deployment of OTT and hybrid video platforms, leveraging its reusable Irdeto reference broadcast stack integrated with its Android TV Hybrid stack or RDK Video Accelerator.
News categories: Irdeto, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
KAON, 3SS and Green Streams create end-to-end IPTV solution
Sep 5, 2022 – KAON, 3SS and Green Streams have announced the launch of a joint IPTV/OTT service platform. The pre-integrated end-to-end platform enables the delivery of super-aggregated video services based on Android TV.
News categories: 3SS, Green Streams, KAON, Pierre Donath, Gernot Jaeger, Thomas Staneker, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Allente selects 3SS 3Ready Control Center and ContentWise
Sep 1, 2022 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and ContentWise have announced that Allente has become the first operator to deploy 3Ready Control Center 3.0, 3SS' next-generation UX management and content curation hub.
News categories: 3SS, Allente, ContentWise, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jon Espen Nergård, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, IBC2022, Norway, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
Allente launches Android TV service with KAON and 3SS
Feb 22, 2022 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have announced that Allente has launched its next-generation super-aggregated TV services for Scandinavia on an Android TV STB, supporting DTH satellite, IPTV and OTT.
News categories: 3SS, KAON Media, Allente, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
Sky New Zealand announces Android TV STB development partners
Nov 17, 2021 – Sky New Zealand has announced partners for the development of its new Android TV-based Sky Box, due for deployment by the middle of 2022. Sky has selected Wyplay, Irdeto and Kaonmedia to provide components of the box's software and hardware.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Wyplay, Kaonmedia, Irdeto, Sophie Moloney, Jacques Bourgninaud, John Chung Yoon, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
Allente integrates Google Common Broadcast Stack with KAON and 3SS
Aug 24, 2021 – 3SS and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have completed a hybrid set-top box integration for Allente. Allente is one of the first operators to integrate the Google Common Broadcast Stack in an Android TV Operator Tier box.
News categories: 3SS, KAON, Allente, Google, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Matthias Puschmann, Android TV, Broadcast, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Set Top Box, Sweden
A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
Oct 29, 2020 – A1 Telekom Austria has selected XroadMedia to enable recommendations on their A1 Xplore TV services in Central and Eastern Europe. A1 has introduced an AI-driven recommendation engine based on the Ncanto solution from XroadMedia.
News categories: XroadMedia, A1 Telekom, Adolf Proidl, Alexander Kuchar, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
Oct 27, 2020 – At the 2020 RDK Virtual Euro Summit, RDK Management announced the availability of RDK4 – the newest generation, open source software platform used to power customer-premise equipment (CPE) for video service providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente
Oct 12, 2020 – 3SS and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have announced that Allente, the entity resulting from the merger between Viasat Consumer and Canal Digital, is to deploy KAON STBs and middleware with 3SS-enabled viewing experiences.
News categories: 3SS, KAONMEDIA, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS