Digital TV News: NTT
Pay TV/OTT and Telecom operator revenue reached $410 billion in Q4 2017
Apr 24, 2018 – According to Dataxis, for the 80 leading Pay-TV/OTT and telecom players worldwide, revenues totaled $410 billion in Q4 2017. Revenues have grown at a CAGR of 1%, up from $381 billion in Q1 2016.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
NTT develops world’s first real–time 4K HFR HEVC codec
Apr 5, 2018 – NTT has developed a real–time 4K HEVC codec which enables live transmission of high frame rate (HFR) video. HFR enhances video smoothness and sharpness by doubling the standard frame rate (SFR) from 50/60p to 100/120p.
News categories: NTT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Worldwide
NTT DATA roll out immersive content with Jaunt's XR Platform
Feb 14, 2018 – Jaunt has announced a partnership with NTT DATA to make the Jaunt XR Platform available to their portfolio of clients. Jaunt’s XR Platform is a white label software solution for the cross-platform distribution of immersive (VR, AR and MR) content.
News categories: Jaunt, NTT DATA, Dominic Collins, Simon Williams, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC21, VR, Worldwide
NTT DOCOMO selects Ericsson CDN for mobile distribution
Jul 4, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected by NTT DOCOMO to provide its Unified Delivery Network (UDN) solution. The UDN will enable NTT DOCOMO subscribers to access a diverse range of content over the operator’s mobile network.
News categories: Ericsson, NTT DOCOMO, Cillilan Maher, Takaaki Sato, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile
Televisa selects NTT HEVC encoder and decoder for 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup
Jun 29, 2017 – NTT Electronics and Televisa have announced that NTT Electronics’ H.265/HEVC Video Encoder 'HC10000E' and H.265/HEVC Decoder 'HC10000D' are being used by Televisa for the transmission to Mexico of FIFA Confederations Cup Football Games in Russia.
News categories: NTT Electronics, Televisa, Hisashi Ibaraki, William Aguirre, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America
DOCOMO and Nokia achieve world's first real time 8K video transmission over 5G
May 24, 2016 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it has achieved the world's first wireless real-time transmission of 8K video deploying radio access technology for 5G mobile communications systems, in a trial jointly conducted with Nokia.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, Nokia, Glenn Booth, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
NTT develops LSI-based 8K HEVC real-time encoder
Feb 15, 2016 – Nippon Telegraph and Telephone (NTT) has developed the worlds’ best performance high-quality 8K HEVC real-time encoder through the use of dedicated LSI’s, which is the key to immersive high-quality 8K video services.
News categories: NTT, Hiroo Unoura, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Pay TV operators progress in Asia Pacific
Sep 23, 2015 – Despite economic growth concerns, pay TV subscriptions for Asia Pacific’s top 68 operators will increase by 74% from a collective 376 million in 2014 to 535 million by 2020, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
NTT H.265/HEVC encoder allows simultaneous transmission of 60P and 120P UHD video
Sep 3, 2015 – NTT has developed an H.265/HEVC-compliant Ultra HD software-encoding engine which enables the transmission of 60fps video embedded in a 120-frame-per-second bitstream, in order to facilitate a smooth switchover to 120P in the future.
News categories: NTT, Content Distribution, IBC, Worldwide
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- SFN capability of NEXTGEN TV boosts reception robustness
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- DMR ad inventory available through TheViewPoint
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX