Digital TV News: Panasonic
Avanci one-stop licensing platform for ATSC 3.0 launched
Mar 7, 2023 – Avanci has launched Avanci Broadcast, a patent licensing platform for the ATSC 3.0 broadcasting standard, offering a simple pricing model for manufacturers that implement the technology.
News categories: Avanci, Kasim Alfalahi, Ilkka Rahnasto, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, USA, Worldwide
Smart TVs may lose support after only two years, Which? finds
Jan 13, 2023 – Expensive, high-end smart products risk losing features and functionality or posing a security risk after as little as two years because manufacturers are failing to provide vital tech updates, Which? has found.
News categories: Which?, Rocio Concha, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, UK
Panasonic announces MZ2000 flagship OLED TV at CES
Jan 4, 2023 – Panasonic's MZ2000 features the latest iteration of its smart TV OS, my Home Screen 8.0, supporting all major video streaming services alongside improvements to the Bass Booster, accessibility, and myScenery features.
News categories: Panasonic, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
CTA lowers revenue forecast for U.S. technology sector
Jan 3, 2023 – Research from the CTA projects U.S. technology retail revenues of $485 billion in 2023. This new data puts revenues slightly above pre-pandemic levels, following a three-year surge that peaked in 2021.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Sky's NOW streaming service comes to Android TV
Nov 8, 2022 – Sky has announced that its streaming service NOW has been made available on Google TV devices, including Chromecast with Google TV, and on eight UK smart TV brands as it expands to Android TV OS devices.
News categories: NOW, Marina Storti, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, UK
MainConcept to demo cloud-ready 8K encoding at NAB Show 2022
Apr 20, 2022 – At their NAB Show booth, MainConcept will highlight their advancements in 8K-optimized cloud encoding and illustrate why MainConcept’s technologies are essential ingredients used in processing over 90% of today’s professional videos.
News categories: MainConcept, Deacon Johnson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Record Smart TV shipments in India in 2021
Mar 3, 2022 – India's TV shipments grew 48% YoY in Q4 2021 and 24% YoY in 2021, according to Counterpoint Research. The smart TV market grew even faster at 55% YoY in 2021 and 65% YoY in Q4 2021 to reach its highest ever shipments for a calendar year.
News categories: Counterpoint Research, Akash Jatwala, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
Jan 20, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of its ATSC 3.0 Patent Portfolio License providing one-stop access to patents that are essential to the next generation broadcast standard developed by the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC).
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
Nov 24, 2021 – Kineton and SmarDTV Global have demonstrated, during the 9th HbbTV Symposium, a Smart TV combined with an HbbTV OpApp. The installation of the HbbTV OpApp is automatically launched by a CAM, with the OpApp fully operator branded.
News categories: SmarDTV, Kineton, Erik Gazzoni, Giuseppe Aprea, Apps, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.
- ACCESS offers simple route for operators to add OTT TV services
- Net Solution acquires Beenius IPTV/OTT platform