Digital TV News: Sky plc
egta and The Global TV Group define ad measurement standards
Oct 21, 2019 – egta, supported by The Global TV Group, has released a TV Charter defining television companies’ commitment towards the responsible and transparent measurement of advertising in the TV/video ecosystem.
News categories: egta, The Global TV Group, Malin Häger, Jamie West, Lindsey Clay, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
NAGRA secures Sky Italia’s new retail DVB-T pay-TV service
Oct 25, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Sky Italia have launched a DVB-T pay-TV service secured by NAGRA’s broadcast and direct-to-TV content protection technologies. The DTT service is available via an STB and CAMs for digital TVs.
News categories: NAGRA, Sky Italia, Carlo Stramaglia, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Italy, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Disney and 21st Century Fox agree $38-per-share acquisition deal
Jun 20, 2018 – The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has announced that it has signed an amended acquisition agreement with Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ: FOXA, FOX) for $38 per share in cash and stock.
News categories: Walt Disney Company, 21st Century Fox, Robert A. Iger, Digital TV, Europe, MandA, Satellite, USA, Worldwide
Comcast's proposed acquisition of Sky cleared under EU merger rules
Jun 15, 2018 – The European Commission has approved unconditionally under the EU Merger Regulation the proposed acquisition of Sky by Comcast. The Commission concluded the transaction would raise no competition concerns in Europe.
News categories: European Commission, Digital TV, EU, MandA, Regulation, Satellite
The Walt Disney Company to acquire Twenty-First Century Fox
Dec 14, 2017 – The Walt Disney Company and Twenty-First Century Fox have announced that they have entered into an agreement for Disney to acquire 21st Century Fox, including the Twentieth Century Fox Film and Television studios, along with cable and international TV businesses.
News categories: Walt Disney, Twenty-First Century Fox, Robert A. Iger, Orin C. Smith, Rupert Murdoch, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite, Worldwide
iflix secures additional $133 million funding
Aug 7, 2017 – iflix has announced that it has completed a $133 million funding round. The round was led by Hearst and included new investors Singapore-based EDBI and clients of DBS private bank. Existing shareholders also increased their investments.
News categories: iflix, Hearst, Mark Britt, Neeraj Khemlani, Rick Hess, Patrick Grove, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, Venture Capital
iflix extends footprint to sub-Saharan Africa
Jun 1, 2017 – iflix has announced the establishment of iflix Africa to bring its service to sub-Saharan Africa. With launches planned in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania and Zimbabwe, iflix Africa will increase iflix’s global footprint to 23 territories.
News categories: iflix, Mark Britt, Andre de Wet, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Streaming, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Mobile TV market on cusp of unprecedented growth
Aug 26, 2016 – The global market for mobile TV is exceedingly fragmented and the top 10 players accounted for a mere 23.3% in 2015. These companies do, however, enjoy a strong foothold in several regional markets and have set entry-level barriers rather high.
News categories: Transparency Market Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
European S-VOD subscribers to reach 50 million by 2020
Jun 29, 2016 – New research from the EBU’s Media Intelligence Service shows that subscription video-on-demand (SVoD) subscribers in Europe grew 56% in just one year between 2014 and 2015, and are expected to reach 50 million homes by 2020.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools