Digital TV News: Sling Media
ViXS powers Slingbox M1 and SlingTV boxes
Jul 21, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that Sling Media's just-announced Slingbox M1 and SlingTV products are based upon ViXS' XCode SoC media processor product family.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sling Media, Sally Daub, Michael Hawkey, Digital TV, Mobile, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
Sling Media launches new 'TV Anywhere' solutions
Jul 16, 2014 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced the Slingbox M1 and SlingTV. Both products deliver a customer's pay TV channels and programs from the living room to mobile devices in up to HD quality with no restrictions.
News categories: Sling Media, Michael Hawkey, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, Placeshifting, USA
Nagra DRM approved by DTLA for home network streaming
Apr 28, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its DRM technology, NAGRA MediaAccess Persistent Rights Management (PRM), was approved by the DTLA for the retransmission (streaming) of premium DTCP-IP content.
News categories: NAGRA, DTLA, Philippe Stransky, Michael Hawkey, Digital TV, DRM, Placeshifting, Smart Home, Worldwide
Sling Media announces SlingPlayer Channel on Roku
Nov 18, 2013 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) has unveiled three new clients. SlingPlayer 3.0 and the SlingPlayer channel on the Roku® streaming platform are both available for download today. Sling Media will also introduce an app for Windows 8.1 in December.
News categories: Sling Media, Roku, Michael Hawkey, Ed Lee, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, TV Everywhere, USA
Slingbox 350 now available in the UK and Nordic countries
Sep 27, 2013 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) is launching the Slingbox 350 in the UK and Europe, and it will be available to customers through leading online and high-street retailers beginning Friday 27th September.
News categories: Sling Media, Michael Hawkey, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Placeshifting, Sweden, UK
ARRIS teams with Sling Media to introduce multiscreen media streamer
Sep 9, 2013 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) and Sling Media (Nasdaq: SATS) are introducing a media streaming device that empowers service providers to offer live (up to 4 simultaneous HD channels) and recorded content for a comprehensive multiscreen experience for their subscribers.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Sling Media, Digital TV, Gateway, IBC, Placeshifting, Smart Home, TV Everywhere
ViXS™ XCode® Media Processor Selected for Redesigned Slingbox® Products
Nov 6, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced that its XCode 4210 and the XCode 4112 media processor SoCs have been selected to power the new Slingbox 500 and Slingbox 350 products from Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS).
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sling Media, Digital TV, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, TV Everywhere
ViXS announces network multimedia SoC with HEVC integrated
Sep 7, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced a family of network multimedia systems-on-chip. The XCode 6210 is designed for media gateways. The XCode 6308 is designed for media streaming gateways. The XCode 6410 integrates HEVC and supports up to 4096 x 2160 (4Kx2K) resolution.
News categories: Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
EchoStar Debuts at ANGACable 2012 with Connected Device Solutions
Jun 7, 2012 – EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) will showcase a variety of connected device solutions at ANGACable 2012. Advanced solutions for pay TV operators will be featured alongside EchoStar's rapidly expanding retail product range.
News categories: EchoStar Europe, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Gateway, Middleware, Placeshifting, Set Top Box
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way