Digital TV News: Sofia Digital
Sofia Digital provides HbbTV solution to Malaysia's RTM
Mar 11, 2016 – Sofia Digital has announced that, with Malaysian company NU-SECURE NET-360, it has been awarded a contract to provide an HbbTV solution for Radio Televisyen Malaysia (RTM), in preparation for Malaysia's DVB-T2 DTT launch.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Radio Televisyen Malaysia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Sofia Digital to deliver HbbTV support for DELTA Cloud TV deployment
Sep 11, 2015 – Sofia Digital, together with Booxmedia, has announced a contract with DELTA of the Netherlands, to provide, install and maintain a multiscreen cloud TV solution. As part of the project Sofia Digital will deliver HbbTV support.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Booxmedia, DELTA, Digital TV, HbbTV, Mobile, Netherlands, Streaming
Ruutu HbbTV 1.5 online video service launched in Finland
Aug 13, 2015 – A collaboration between Nelonen Media, Digita and Sofia Digital has brought the online video service 'Ruutu' to the Finnish terrestrial TV network. Viewers tuned to the Digita network with an HbbTV 1.5 activated receiver have been able to use the service since June 24th.
News categories: Nelonen Media, Digita, Sofia Digital, Ruutu, Kai Taka-Aho, Digital TV, Finland, HbbTV, Terrestrial
Turkey's TRT launches HbbTV services with Sofia Digital
Apr 7, 2015 – The Turkish Radio and Television Corporation (TRT) has started hybrid TV services on their HD channels utilizing HbbTV technology by Sofia Digital. The 'TRT ARTI' services are available via TRT’s HDTV channels broadcast via Turksat.
News categories: Sofia Digital, TRT, YolDigital, Ruhi Tas, Mehmet Can Hakli, Digital TV, HbbTV, Satellite, Turkey
Levira launches HbbTV service in Estonia
Mar 13, 2015 – Estonian digital television operator Levira has started hybrid-TV services on their Freeview “TasutaTV” terrestrial TV platform. The hybrid services and platform have been developed together with Sofia Digital.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Levira, Ari Pöyhtäri, Mart Einpalu, Digital TV, Estonia, HbbTV, Terrestrial
HbbTV Association announces Asian symposium
May 27, 2014 – The HbbTV Association has announced the 'HbbTV Symposium: Asia'. The conference is to take place on June 18th at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Singapore during the Broadcast Asia and CommunicAsia 2014 tradeshows.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Régis Saint Girons, Kirk Edwardson, Asia, ConnecTechAsia, HbbTV, Singapore
Cubiware CubiTV middleware licensed by Vodafone Iceland
May 20, 2014 – Cubiware and Sofia Digital, its Value Added Reseller, have announced the signing of a middleware licensing agreement with Vodafone Iceland. The agreement licenses the operator to deploy CubiTV on Vodafone Iceland set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Cubiware, Sofia Digital, Vodafone, Mika Kanerva, Maciej Grzonkowski, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Industry effort to profile multi-screen TV delivery
Sep 8, 2010 – Alcatel Lucent, KPN, Nokia, Nokia Siemens Networks and Sofia Digital are working together in the bmcoforum to allow seamless consumption of TV and video either from mobile device, TV or computer.
News categories: bmcoforum, IBC, Mobile
Point-of-Sale on a Mobile TV Channel
Sep 4, 2007 – Sofia Digital, together with Openbit, have released a solution which offers mobile TV channels immediate new business - a value-chain with which digital content, such as games and smart phone software can be sold via mobile TV channel. The content distributed is protected with a DRM solution and payment methods are already established world-wide.
News categories: DRM, IBC, Mobile
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion