Digital TV News: Stadia
LG unveils new gaming UI, adds new cloud-gaming services
Sep 5, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) is expanding the gaming experience on its latest TVs, adding Blacknut and Utomik cloud-gaming services to give users more choice, and a UI update that makes it easier to get in the game.
News categories: LG Electronics, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
LG unveils its latest TV lineup
Jan 4, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) has unveiled its latest TV lineup, headlined by the company's 2022 OLED televisions. The TVs feature powerful imaging technologies, and an improved webOS offering more smart features and services.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Samsung unveils 2022 MICRO LED, Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs
Jan 3, 2022 – Samsung has unveiled its newest MICRO LED, Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs, with advancements in picture and sound quality, more screen size options, customizable accessories and an upgraded interface, ahead of CES 2022.
News categories: Samsung, Simon Sung, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Google Stadia cloud gaming now on latest LG Smart TVs
Dec 8, 2021 – LG Electronics has made available Google's cloud gaming service Stadia on LG Smart TVs running webOS 5.0 and 6.0. The app can be downloaded from the LG Content Store, in the U.S and the 21 other countries where Stadia operates.
News categories: LG Electronics, Stadia, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Europe’s top broadcasters to make $11 billion from football
Jun 3, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, broadcasters' revenues for live football matches in their domestic and UEFA Champions leagues will reach $10.5 billion in the 2021/22 season in the top five European countries.
News categories: Digital TV Research, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Spain, UK
LG Smart TVs to get Stadia cloud gaming in late 2021
Jan 11, 2021 – LG has announced a plan with Google to bring Stadia to its webOS smart TVs later this year. After Stadia comes to Google TV, LG will be the first TV manufacturer to natively support Stadia gameplay.
News categories: LG Electronics, Stadia, Lee Sang-woo, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, TV OS, USA, Worldwide
A recession could leave streaming subscriptions vulnerable
Oct 29, 2019 – Millennials are poised to have their pockets hardest hit should the economy take a downturn, with the impact on their spending power directly upending loyalties to app subscriptions across entertainment, according to MIDiA Research.
News categories: MIDiA Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
Aug 19, 2019 – Australians have a growing taste for sports and video entertainment content, sending the SVOD services market to new heights, reaching 12.3 million total subscriptions at the end of June 2019, according to research from Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers
Europe's first live trial of LTE Broadcast
Feb 25, 2014 – Vodafone Germany has announced that it is the first European carrier to conduct live tests with LTE Broadcast. The trial, in collaboration with Ericsson, Qualcomm and Samsung, took place at Borussia Mönchengladbach's stadium on Saturday 22 February.
News categories: Ericsson, Vodafone, Eric Kuisch, Thomas Norén, 5G, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange