Digital TV News: Swisscom
Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
Sep 15, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Proximus Pickx, an IPTV+OTT TV offering from Belgium's Proximus, has gone live on an Android TV Operator Tier STB. The service replaces Proximus’ legacy AOSP-based TV offering.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jim Casteele, Advertising, Android TV, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
Aug 12, 2020 – Liberty Global (Nasdaq: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced that, in agreement with Sunrise Communications Group (SIX: SRCG), it will make an all cash public tender offer for the shares of Sunrise.
News categories: Liberty Global, Sunrise Communications, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Switzerland
Blacknut and Israel's Partner TV to offer cloud gaming service
Jul 20, 2020 – Partner TV has been working with Blacknut to launch a cloud gaming service called Partner TV Gaming Powered by Blacknut. The new service will offer more than 400 family-friendly premium games.
News categories: Blacknut, Partner Communications, Olivier Avaro, Liran Dan, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, Set Top Box
Broadpeak video delivery added to 3SS entertainment ecosystem
Jun 25, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Broadpeak is bringing its video delivery software solutions, including its server-side controlled ABR streaming solution, to 3SS's 3READY Entertainment Ecosystem.
News categories: 3SS, Broadpeak, Pierre Donath, Jacques Le Mancq, Android TV, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
Jan 23, 2020 – Swisscom has announced that with its ‘Swisscom TV X’ service,it is one of the first to provide an interface that incorporates Netflix programming and TV content. The companies are also working closely together on further innovations.
News categories: Swisscom, Netflix, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Rene Rummel-Mergeryan, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Switzerland, UX
3READY Android TV from 3SS powers Proximus Pickx
Dec 20, 2019 – 3SS has announced that Proximus has selected its 3READY Android TV solution for the recent launch of Proximus Pickx, an IPTV service. Proximus Pickx, Europe’s first Android P based TV project, had its pilot launch in October.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thierry Demoor, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Artificial Solutions powers voice assistant in new Swisscom Box
Dec 3, 2019 – Artificial Solutions (SSME:ASAI) has announced that it is powering the voice assistant in the recently launched Swisscom Box. The voice assistant enables customers to control various Swisscom TV functions.
News categories: Artificial Solutions, Swisscom, Andy Peart, Nina Carey-Hodges, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Switzerland
Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
Nov 18, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that the new Swisscom Entertainment OS 4 STB is built on its far-field voice (FFV) IPTV reference design. The design integrates Synaptics' multimedia processor with FFV and a custom wake word to support Swisscom’s assistant.
News categories: Synaptics, Swisscom, Saleel Awsare, Peter Fregelius, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Switzerland
Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
Nov 14, 2019 – Swisscom has announced a new Swisscom Box. The box combines traditional television with streaming via a new interface and can be controlled using an integrated Voice Assistant, which also operates smart home devices.
News categories: Swisscom, Urs Schaeppi, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Switzerland, UX
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0