Digital TV News: TV Record
MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
Jun 29, 2022 – Velocix has announced that its content delivery network (CDN) and recording management (VRM) software has been deployed by MEO, a consumer brand of Altice Portugal, to expand its Apple TV and Android TV based video services
News categories: Velocix, MEO, Anthony Berkeley, Miguel Jardim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal
Orange Belgium launches new generation of Android TV decoders
Mar 14, 2022 – Orange Belgium has launched a new generation of Android TV decoders, introducing new features such as the integration of native apps from content providers, Chromecast capabilities and a new cloud-based multi-screen TV recording service.
News categories: Orange Belgium, Christophe Dujardin, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Telenet to add unskippable ads to TV recordings
Aug 10, 2021 – Telenet is to introduce a revised model for TV advertising in Belgium. Viewers will have to sit through one minute of unskippable adverts before any recordings they've made of VTM (DPG Media) and PLAY programmes (SBS).
News categories: Telenet, DPG Media, SBS, VRT, John Porter, Kris Vervaet, Jeroen Bronselaer, Frederik Delaplace, Advertising, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR
GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
Apr 17, 2019 – GatesAir has announced that Foccus Digital, GatesAir’s local partner, will install nine GatesAir ULXTE liquid-cooled transmitters for TV Record, one of Brazil’s largest broadcast networks. Foccus Digital and GatesAir will also provide training to TV Record's engineers.
News categories: GatesAir, Foccus Digital, TV Record, Cesar Donato, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Addressable TV advertising technology already reaches over 9 million Australians
Aug 26, 2018 – Addressable TV advertising technologies allow advertisers to segment TV audiences and serve different ads within a common program or navigation screen. Research from Roy Morgan shows that over 9 million Australians are already using the devices and services that this kind of technology requires.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
HUMAX unveils FVP-5000T Freeview Play Recorder
Sep 27, 2017 – HUMAX has introduced its easiest-to-use Freeview Play Recorder yet with the launch of the FVP-5000T. Simple to install and set up, this new HD TV recorder includes integrated Wi-Fi connectivity, delivering an extensive range of catch up and on demand content services.
News categories: HUMAX, Graham North, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
TV market in Sweden to achieve record turnover in 2017
May 5, 2017 – In its yearly analysis of the Swedish TV market, Mediavision has found that digital growth is very strong, coupled with a strong demand for traditional TV advertising, despite a successive decline in linear viewing.
News categories: Mediavision, Digital TV, Market Research, Sweden
Telekom Slovenije boosts User Experience with Caipy
Mar 2, 2017 – Telekom Slovenije has adopted Caipy to improve the user experience for its TV subscribers. With Caipy’s precise boundary detection, Telekom Slovenije will deliver popular Catch Up TV and TV recordings with a perfect start on playback.
News categories: Caipy, Telekom Slovenije, Jorg Nonnenmacher, Marko Kroflič, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Slovenia, UX
Bell Fibe TV first Canadian TV service available on Apple TV
Nov 3, 2016 – Fibe TV is now available on Apple TV, enabling consumers to experience Canada's best television service alongside their music, photos, games and favourite apps on Apple TV 4th Generation.
News categories: Bell Canada, Rizwan Jamal, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification