Digital TV News: Teracom
Sweden's Boxer trials TV Everywhere iOS app
May 23, 2014 – Boxer TV, a Swedish pay-TV operator owned by the Teracom Group, has announced the launch of its TV Everywhere service Boxer Play to selected testers. The service allows Boxer customers to access Boxer TV anywhere through an app for Apple iOS devices.
News categories: Boxer, Apps, Digital TV, Sweden, TV Everywhere
Teracom demonstrates HEVC Ultra HD over DVB-T2 with Thomson Video Networks
May 19, 2014 – Teracom is using Thomson Video Networks’ ViBE™ VS7000 video system, NetProcessor 9030/40 multiplexer, and Sapphire MPEG stream server to demonstrate DVB-T2 delivery of HEVC-encoded video.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Teracom, Håkan Axén, Christophe Delahousse, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Sweden
Boxer TV to launch multiscreen with Viaccess-Orca
May 14, 2014 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that Boxer TV, the Swedish pay-TV operator, has selected the company’s TV Everywhere solution to extend its DTT and on-demand service offering into the multiscreen environment.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Boxer TV, Roland Svensson, François Moreau de Saint Martin, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Middleware, Mobile, Sweden, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere
Boxer TV selects Norigin Media multiscreen TVE apps
Mar 12, 2014 – NORIGIN MEDIA has announced that the company has entered into a partnership with BOXER TV for the licensing of its multi-screen Hybrid Apps solution in Sweden and Denmark.
News categories: NORIGIN MEDIA, Teracom, Roland Svensson, Ajey Anand, Apps, Denmark, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Sweden, TV Everywhere
Teracom and Broadcom collaborate on Ultra HD broadcast demonstration
Jan 24, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Teracom, a provider of terrestrial network operations in Sweden and Denmark, has selected Broadcom silicon to demonstrate 4K Ultra HD and DVB-T2 broadcast capabilities with Boxer TV.
News categories: Broadcom, Teracom, Håkan Axén, Aidan O'Rourke, Denmark, DVB-T2, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
Sweden's Boxer to launch HD DTT on November 1st
Oct 14, 2010 – On November 1 Boxer will begin digital terrestrial HDTV broadcasting in Sweden. Initial coverage will extend to over half of Sweden's households with a phased roll-out planned to eventually cover virtually the entire country.
News categories: Boxer, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden, Terrestrial
DVB-T2 Forges Ahead
Sep 10, 2010 – DVB has said that it is pleased with the momentum achieved by its second-generation digital terrestrial standard, DVB-T2, since its first commercial launch earlier this year in the UK.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB-T2, IBC2023, Terrestrial
Teracom Turns to T-VIPS to Support the Next Generation of Swedish Television
Aug 23, 2010 – T-VIPS has announced that its solutions have been chosen by Swedish media operator Teracom to enable the deployment of DVB-T2 for Sweden's digital terrestrial network. The project will deliver HD and other next generation TV services to Swedish homes.
News categories: T-VIPS, Teracom, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Sweden, Terrestrial
Boxer pay TV subscribers down 7k in Sweden & Denmark in 2Q09
Aug 13, 2009 – At the end of the second quarter 2009, DTT operator Boxer had 673,000 subscribers in Sweden and Denmark, down from 701,000 at the same time in 2008. The acquisition of Finland's PlusTV added 276,000 subscribers, to give a total of 949,000.
News categories: Boxer, Denmark, Finland, Results, Subscribers, Sweden, Terrestrial
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond