Digital TV News: TiVo
Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
Aug 3, 2022 – Simulmedia has renewed its partnership with TiVo which will help ensure that Simulmedia’s TV+ platform continues to provide marketers with audience planning, targeting and activation capabilities across ad-supported channels in the U.S.
News categories: Simulmedia, TiVo, Dave Morgan, Fariba Zamaniyan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Vewd acquired by Xperi
Jul 5, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has acquired Vewd Software for $109 million. The acquisition establishes Xperi as a leading independent streaming media platform through its TiVo brand and the largest independent provider of Smart TV middleware globally.
News categories: Xperi, Vewd, Jon Kirchner, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
Vecima expands IPTV footprint at Blue Ridge Communications
Jun 2, 2022 – Vecima has expanded its MediaScale IP Video Streaming footprint at Blue Ridge Communications. The Vecima platform is being scaled to handle additional subscribers on the TiVo-fueled Blue Ridge experience and improve delivery of video traffic.
News categories: Vecima, Blue Ridge, TiVo, Dan Gledhill, Mark Maisenheimer, Jeff Glahn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
May 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the acquisition of Utelly, a content discovery platform provider. Its offerings include metadata aggregation, search and recommendations, as well as content management and a content promotion engine.
News categories: Synamedia, Utelly, Paul Segre, Romain Eude, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UK, UX, Worldwide
First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
May 9, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2022. The company expects to launch the first TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS in late 2023 or early 2024.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
U.S. OTT subscribers prefer unified bundles
Apr 21, 2022 – Parks Associates research reveals that 59% of OTT subscribers prefer one bill and one account for all their home subscription services, while 48% feel their home internet service provider adds more value when online video services subscriptions are offered.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Streaming, USA
VideoAmp and TiVo renew data licensing partnership
Apr 7, 2022 – VideoAmp has renewed its data licensing partnership with TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER). TiVo's TV dataset captures viewership behavior on both live and time-shifted content with a second-by-second data stream across its household footprint.
News categories: VideoAmp, TiVo, Nick Chakalos, Fariba Zamaniyan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo Stream 4K integrates YouTube TV
Apr 5, 2022 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that its streaming product – TiVo Stream 4K and TiVo Stream OS – has expanded its Live TV offering through an integration with YouTube TV. YouTube TV provides access to 85+ Channels of Live Sports, Entertainment, News and more.
News categories: TiVo, YouTube TV, Ben Maughan, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
CNA app available for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs
Mar 30, 2022 – Vewd has announced that CNA is now available for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs worldwide. CNA is a 24-hour English-language news TV channel based in Singapore and available in 29 territories across Asia, the Middle East, and Australia.
News categories: Vewd, CNA, Amanda Oleson, Woon Chuk Chan, Apps, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, Set Top Box, Singapore, Smart TV, Streaming
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023