Digital TV News: VRT
VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
Sep 24, 2020 – ABI Research expects the VR market to grow in 2020 despite some negative impacts from COVID-19. The pandemic, however, has accelerated some trends and increased interest and adoption of immersive technologies.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, COVID-19, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Piksel OTT solution for Belgium's VRT
Mar 6, 2014 – Piksel has been commissioned by VRT, Belgium's national public television broadcaster, to deliver an OTT solution supporting VOD, catch-up and live content on multiple devices.
News categories: Piksel, VRT, Tom Caljon, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Video Exchange
Belgacom begins roll out of TV Replay catch-up TV service
Nov 13, 2013 – Belgacom has announced the start of a test phase for its TV Replay service, which allows its TV customers to watch programs up to 36 hours after they've been broadcast, on their TV, computer, tablet or smartphone.
News categories: Belgacom, Bruno Chauvat, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere
Envivio and Vinson Selected by Belgian Broadcasters for Mobile TV Services
Mar 19, 2013 – Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) has announced an integration with the new Vinson mobile TV solution, and deployment of the joint solution for three broadcasters (VRT, VMMa and SBS) in Belgium.
News categories: Envivio, Vinson, Apps, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile
Harmonic and Nagra Team to Power the World's First Commercial MPEG-DASH OTT Multiscreen Service
Sep 7, 2012 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that it has teamed up with Nagra (SIX:KUD.S) to power an innovative cloud-based OTT video service for broadcasters and pay-TV service providers offered jointly by Abertis Telecom and Nagra.
News categories: Harmonic, Nagra, Abertis Telecom, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBCShowcase, Middleware, OTT, Spain
EBU Initiates First Large Scale MPEG-DASH Trial For London Olympics
Jul 31, 2012 – The commercial deployment of the MPEG-DASH standard is one step closer with the first live public trial. The DASH Promoters Group is facilitating live MPEG-DASH streaming of the 2012 London Olympics to demonstrate the benefits of the standard.
News categories: Belgium, Digital TV, OTT
HISPASAT makes first transmissions of second generation 3DTV
Jul 4, 2012 – HISPASAT has made the world's first demonstration of the JEDI television channel in 3D compatible with the MVC (Multiview Video Coding) format. With this format it's possible to transmit the same content in HD and 3D Full HD on the same signal.
News categories: HISPASAT, JEDI consortium, Digital TV, Satellite, VR
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs