Digital TV News: Variety
Roku releases UK consumer TV viewing report
Oct 6, 2021 – Roku has revealed the results of its study of UK consumer TV viewing. Nine in 10 survey respondents said they are TV streamers with only seven in 10 saying they use use traditional pay-TV services.
News categories: Roku, Mirjam Laux, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Estrella Media inventory added to Xandr ad sales platform
Oct 5, 2021 – Xandr and Estrella Media have announced that Estrella Media's ad-supported digital inventory is now available to buyers in the Xandr Marketplace. Estrella Media has adopted Xandr's strategic selling platform Xandr Monetize.
News categories: Xandr, Estrella Media, Mike Bagliebter, Brian Fisher, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
MwareTV debuts white label OTT service for ISPs and telcos in Africa
Oct 5, 2021 – MwareTV has revealed the availability to telco operators and ISPs in Africa of an end-to-end TV solution. The customisable solution includes around 100 channels of affordable African content.
News categories: MwareTV, Sander Kerstens, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Vodafone adds Facebook Watch to STB platform in Europe
Sep 30, 2021 – Vodafone is to add Facebook Watch to Vodafone TV in Germany, Italy, Czech Republic, Portugal and Greece, becoming the first pay-TV operator in Europe to offer the service on its set-top boxes.
News categories: Vodafone, Facebook, Alex Froment-Curtil, Apps, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Set Top Box, Streaming
Significant growth in U.S. smart TV and smart speaker/display adoption
Sep 29, 2021 – Parks Associates' Consumer Electronics Dashboard reveals that among the most commonly adopted CE device categories, smart TVs and smart speakers/displays showed significant growth during the COVID-19 pandemic.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Roku launches player line-up for Germany
Sep 27, 2021 – Roku has introduced its streaming player line-up for Germany, including the Roku Express, Roku Express 4K, Roku Streaming Stick 4K and Roku Streambar. Roku players are powered by the Roku OS.
News categories: Roku, Bart Bomers, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, Streaming
Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
Sep 22, 2021 – Wurl has unveiled Wurl Perform, a performance marketing service that enables streaming TV apps to acquire new viewers and reduce churn via highly targeted promotional campaigns.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
Sep 22, 2021 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) has begun providing voice-enabled remote controls to Astro for its Ultra set-top box. The remote is powered by UEI chip technology with BLE and unfrared control capability.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Astro, Kuldip Singh Johal, Shahrul Sultan, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
Sep 22, 2021 – Sofia Digital, in co-operation with the DVB Project, is working on a project to create a central service list registry (CSR) to help speed up adoption and applicability of the DVB-I standard.
News categories: Sofia Digital, DVB Project, DVB-I, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform