Digital TV News: Variety
MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
Nov 25, 2022 – MASMEDIA TV is joining forces with StreamVX on a low-power encoding platform. StreamVX as a vendor in the OTT video delivery domain. MasMedia offers clients an IPTV solution of more than 250 linear channels.
News categories: StreamVX, MASMEDIA TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Spain
Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
Nov 22, 2022 – Garmin was lauded for its contribution to the Theatre Screen, a back-seat movie lounge experience for the BMW 7 Series. Garmin's computing module manages all the software and customer interfaces to enable the experience.
News categories: Garmin, BMW, Matt Munn, Joachim Post, Digital TV, In-Car, UX
Amagi acquires Streamwise
Nov 21, 2022 – Amagi has announced it has acquired Streamwise. Streamwise specializes in automating and standardizing data collection across streaming platforms. The acquisition will help Amagi to enhance its data capabilities.
News categories: Amagi, Streamwise, Baskar Subramanian, Doug Shineman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
Nov 17, 2022 – The South African Broadcasting Corporation has launched its OTT platform, SABC+. The streaming app includes 19 radio stations and 3 TV channels as well its sports and 24-hour news channels.
News categories: SABC, Madoda Mxakwe, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, South Africa, Streaming
ZEASN launches enhanced entertaining experience for Whale Eco users
Nov 11, 2022 – ZEASN has released its Whale User Center SaaS platform, integrating management features with content sharing to create a smart home entertainment experience for users of Whale devices.
News categories: ZEASN, Suriko Wei, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Famobi and ACCESS deliver connected in-car gaming experience
Nov 7, 2022 – ACCESS Europe has announced a partnership with Famobi to extend the variety of entertainment available in-car. The partnership enables automotive OEMs to deliver HTML5 games using the company's ACCESS Twine4Car.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Famobi, Masahiro Aono, Ilker Aydin, Digital TV, Gaming, In-Car, Worldwide
holoride in-car entertainment platform launches on select Audi models
Nov 2, 2022 – holoride has announced the release of its platform for select Audi vehicles in Germany from mid-November. The add-on package provides a variety of games and apps that all use live ride info to bring content to life in a new media paradigm.
News categories: holoride, Audi, Nils Wollny, Giorgio Delucchi, Digital TV, Germany, In-Car, Metaverse
ZEASN debuts WhalePay payment service
Nov 4, 2022 – ZEASN has released a global payment service, WhalePay. Specializing in the smart home market, the real-time payment service tackles the problem of corporate international payments, empowering more enterprises to expand to overseas markets.
News categories: ZEASN, Suriko Wei, Smart Home, Worldwide
ARK Multicasting demonstrates ATSC 3.0-based 'OTA-CDN'
Nov 3, 2022 – ARK Multicasting has successfully completed a proof of concept 'OTA-CDN'. The OTA-CDN architecture is developed so any CDN can delegate delivery requests to ARK's ATSC-3.0 system based on business rules and capacity telemetry.
News categories: ARK Multicasting, SiliconDust, Broadpeak, SVTA, Joshua Weiss, Nick Kelsey, Guillaume Bichot, Jason Thibeault, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV-over-IP, USA
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring