Digital TV News: Variety
Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
Sep 26, 2023 – Cignal TV has expanded its use of Quickplay's cloud-native OTT platform with the launch of Pilipinas Live, the first and only international OTT app dedicated to Pinoy sports.
News categories: Quickplay, Cignal TV, Goutham Vinjamuri, Jane Basas, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
Sep 26, 2023 – Roku has revealed the results of its annual Canadian VOD survey. Streaming is now the most popular TV source, with ad-supported TV increasing exponentially in the last year alone.
News categories: Roku, Christina Summers, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
Sep 19, 2023 – LG Electronics (LG) has shared its first step to become a media and entertainment platform company. LG shared its new direction and strategy at the webOS Partner Summit 2023 in Seoul.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Prime Video streaming added to Polestar 2 cars
Sep 13, 2023 – Polestar 2 has added Prime Video to its cars with Google built-in. Accessible to stream content while parked or charging, Prime Video joins YouTube which launched in Polestar 2 in June 2023.
News categories: Polestar, Prime Video, Thomas Ingenlath, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
FreeTV launched, powered by Redge Media
Sep 14, 2023 – FreeTV is now available in Israel with more than 50 live channels and tens of thousands of VOD assets. FreeTV operates as an end-to-end deployment on the Redge Media platform.
News categories: Redge Media, FreeTV, Andrzej Nowak, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
MainConcept combines immersive advertising with encoding efficiency
Sep 13, 2023 – MainConcept has announced it will showcase its new codec-based, server-side ad-technology at IBC. The technology allows personalized, overlay ads to be embedded into streams, at scale.
News categories: MainConcept, Thomas Kramer, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
RDK6 adds enhancements for IP and hybrid QAM/DVB set-tops
Sep 13, 2023 – Ahead of the 2023 RDK Summit in Amsterdam, RDK Management has announced RDK6 – the newest open-source software bundle designed to power video customer-premise equipment (CPE) for pay TV operators.
News categories: RDK Management, Jason Briggs, Gavin Sheldon, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Tubi surpasses 74 million monthly active Users
Sep 6, 2023 – Tubi (NASDAQ:FOXA, FOX) has surpassed 74 million monthly active users and logged nearly 4 billion streaming hours for the first half of the year, reaching 1.4% of total U.S. TV viewing time.
News categories: Tubi, Anjali Sud, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
24i and Phenix power multi-screen video experience for Prep Super League
Sep 6, 2023 – 24i and Phenix have announced a combined offer enabling video rights holders to build interactive real-time streaming apps. Prep Super League is the first sports organization to embrace the solution.
News categories: 24i, Phenix, Prep Super League, Donald McGarva, Bill Wilson, Brian Woods, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, North America, Streaming, Worldwide
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework