Digital TV News: WeTek
Agile Content acquires Android specialist WeTek
Jul 6, 2021 – Agile Content has announced the acquisition of WeTek. The addition of WeTek's Android and device management capabilities will extend Agile's range of end-to-end services, and strengthen its market position in Portugal.
News categories: Agile Content, WeTek, Android TV, Digital TV, Hardware, MandA, Portugal, Worldwide
WeTek integrates XroadMedia discovery and recommendations
Sep 4, 2019 – WeTek and XroadMedia have announced that Ncanto, XroadMedia’s content discovery and recommendations solution, is being integrated into all WeTek solutions, namely WeCast and all of the company's Android TV Operator Tier developments.
News categories: WeTek, XroadMedia, Hugo Condesa, Adolf Proidl, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC, UX, Worldwide
WeTek helps Intek and Transvision to deploy Android TV in Indonesia
Sep 2, 2019 – WeTek has announced a successful partnership with Intek and Transvision, helping both companies deliver an Android TV solution in Indonesia. The project included the design of the company’s newest set-top box line.
News categories: WeTek, Intek, Transvision, Hugo Condesa, Shine Kim, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite, Set Top Box
NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
Mar 15, 2019 – WeTek and NexPlayer have partnered to create an end-to-end OTT platform supporting Widevine DRM with both HLS and DASH. The solution can be deployed on Android, iOS, Android TVs, Android STBs, Samsung Tizen, LG webOS, and HTML5.
News categories: WeTek, NexPlayer, Hugo Condesa, Carlos Lucas, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
WeTek develops streaming service for children with TV4You
Nov 3, 2017 – At the next Web Summit in Lisbon, WeTek will unveil PlayTimeTV, a streaming service for children developed in partnership with the Portuguese content provider TV4You. The service is based on WeTek’s OVP platform - WeCast.
News categories: WeTek, TV4You, Hugo Condesa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Set Top Box, Streaming
WeCast shows Android TV STB boasting 4G and IoT features at IBC 2017
Sep 6, 2017 – WeCast will be demonstrating its IPTV/OTT end-to-end solution at IBC alongside set-top boxes powered by Android TV boasting 4G and IoT capabilities. The new devices developed by its parent company - WeTek - will be available as OEM complements for WeCast’s solution as well as to the general public.
News categories: WeCast, Zlatan Brdaric, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, Worldwide
WeTek provides STBs for Triple-C IPTV in partnership with Vonetize
Apr 28, 2017 – Triple-C is launching SMART, an IPTV service for the Israeli market, with WeTek providing customized set-top boxes fully adapted to both Triple C’s network and Vonetize’s content distribution service.
News categories: WeTek, Vonetize, Triple-C, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, Set Top Box
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product