Digital TV News: WeTek
Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
Nov 24, 2021 – Iskon Internet has launched an OTT service in Croatia based on the Beenius Android TV Operator Tier solution. Support from the Beenius team allowed Iskon to start with an IPTV solution and evolve with Android TV to an OTT service.
News categories: Beenius, Iskon, Filip Remškar, Krešimir Madunović, Android TV, Croatia, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
Agile Content acquires Android specialist WeTek
Jul 6, 2021 – Agile Content has announced the acquisition of WeTek. The addition of WeTek's Android and device management capabilities will extend Agile's range of end-to-end services, and strengthen its market position in Portugal.
News categories: Agile Content, WeTek, Android TV, Digital TV, Hardware, MandA, Portugal, Worldwide
WeTek integrates XroadMedia discovery and recommendations
Sep 4, 2019 – WeTek and XroadMedia have announced that Ncanto, XroadMedia’s content discovery and recommendations solution, is being integrated into all WeTek solutions, namely WeCast and all of the company's Android TV Operator Tier developments.
News categories: WeTek, XroadMedia, Hugo Condesa, Adolf Proidl, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, UX, Worldwide
WeTek helps Intek and Transvision to deploy Android TV in Indonesia
Sep 2, 2019 – WeTek has announced a successful partnership with Intek and Transvision, helping both companies deliver an Android TV solution in Indonesia. The project included the design of the company’s newest set-top box line.
News categories: WeTek, Intek, Transvision, Hugo Condesa, Shine Kim, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite, Set Top Box
NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
Mar 15, 2019 – WeTek and NexPlayer have partnered to create an end-to-end OTT platform supporting Widevine DRM with both HLS and DASH. The solution can be deployed on Android, iOS, Android TVs, Android STBs, Samsung Tizen, LG webOS, and HTML5.
News categories: WeTek, NexPlayer, Hugo Condesa, Carlos Lucas, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
WeTek develops streaming service for children with TV4You
Nov 3, 2017 – At the next Web Summit in Lisbon, WeTek will unveil PlayTimeTV, a streaming service for children developed in partnership with the Portuguese content provider TV4You. The service is based on WeTek’s OVP platform - WeCast.
News categories: WeTek, TV4You, Hugo Condesa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Set Top Box, Streaming
WeCast shows Android TV STB boasting 4G and IoT features at IBC 2017
Sep 6, 2017 – WeCast will be demonstrating its IPTV/OTT end-to-end solution at IBC alongside set-top boxes powered by Android TV boasting 4G and IoT capabilities. The new devices developed by its parent company - WeTek - will be available as OEM complements for WeCast’s solution as well as to the general public.
News categories: WeCast, Zlatan Brdaric, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2023, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, Worldwide
WeTek provides STBs for Triple-C IPTV in partnership with Vonetize
Apr 28, 2017 – Triple-C is launching SMART, an IPTV service for the Israeli market, with WeTek providing customized set-top boxes fully adapted to both Triple C’s network and Vonetize’s content distribution service.
News categories: WeTek, Vonetize, Triple-C, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, Set Top Box
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification