Digital TV News: WebM
VeriSilicon Releases Hantro Video IP Products to Promote WebM and WebRTC
Feb 23, 2012 – VeriSilicon has announced immediate availability of Hantro G1v5 Multi-format Decoder and Hantro H1v5 Multi-format Encoder semiconductor IPs which support 4K x 4K video, achieved through core enhancements and improved memory latency resiliency.
News categories: VeriSilicon, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
STMicroelectronics Demonstrates Performance of Ultimate Connected Home Platform
Jan 12, 2012 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) is showcasing its connected home platform in Las Vegas during CES. Codenamed Orly when first revealed, the world's most powerful connected home SoC, now designated STiH416, is implemented in a 28nm manufacturing process.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ZiiLABS Unveils 100-Core ZMS-40 Processor: Double the Performance, Half the Power Consumption
Jan 4, 2012 – ZiiLABS has unveiled its 100-core ZMS-40 StemCell Media processor optimized for Android. The ZMS-40 combines 96 of ZiiLABS' StemCell media processing cores with four 1.5GHz ARM Cortex-A9 CPUs.
News categories: ZiiLABS, ICs, Semiconductor, Tablet
STMicroelectronics Reveals Details of World's Most-Powerful Broadband Set-Top Box SoC
Sep 8, 2011 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has unveiled details of its forthcoming high-performance broadband set-top box system-on-chip IC for home entertainment, codenamed 'Orly'.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MPEG LA Announces Call for Patents Essential to VP8 Video Codec
Feb 10, 2011 – MPEG LA has announced a call for patents essential to the VP8 video codec specification used to deliver video images.
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Streaming
Cavium Networks Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire China-Based Celestial Semiconductor
Jan 31, 2011 – Cavium Networks (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced that it is has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Celestial Semiconductor, a fabless provider of ARM-based system-on-a-chip (SoC) processor solutions for a range of digital media applications.
News categories: Cavium Networks, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Freescale Delivers Dramatic Performance Advances for Tablet, Smartphone, eReader, Automotive Infotainment and Other Hot Consumer Markets
Jan 3, 2011 – Freescale has introduced the i.MX 6 series of quad-, dual- and single-core applications processors designed to deliver performance and scalability to manufacturers targeting smart mobile, automotive infotainment and embedded device categories.
News categories: Freescale, ICs, In-Car, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor, Tablet
Rockchip Will Release RK29xx Mobile Internet Platform at CES
Dec 20, 2010 – At CES 2011, Rockchip will release a new mobile internet platform -- RK29xx series solution and terminal application products, covering tablet PC, internet TV and smart phone industries, and will support Google TV.
News categories: Rockchip, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor, Streaming
Free introduces Freebox Revolution Gateway and Set-top Box
Dec 14, 2010 – As part of its new Freebox Revolution offer, Iliad subsidiary Free has introduced the 'freebox server' home gateway and Intel® (NASDAQ: INTC) ATOM™ CE4100 processor-based 'freebox player' set-top box to the French market.
News categories: Iliad, Intel Corp, Apps, Blu-ray, Broadband, Digital TV, DVR, Fibre, France, Gateway, Home Server, IPTV, Router, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC