Digital TV News: eventIS
Estonian Cable Television Operator Starman Selects SeaChange Software for VoD Service
May 30, 2012 – SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced that Estonia's Starman, will roll out a nationwide video-on-demand (VOD) service based on the open SeaChange Adrenalin video back office.
News categories: SeaChange, Starman, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Estonia, Middleware, Terrestrial
SeaChange's IBC Demonstrations to Reflect Software, Services Engaging Subscribers across Multiple Screens
Aug 24, 2011 – SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) has revealed its demonstration line-up for IBC 2011, which underscores the television industry's continued shift to multi-screen video. SeaChange will exhibit on IBC stand 1.C27, Sept. 9-13 in Amsterdam.
News categories: SeaChange, Content Distribution, HbbTV, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Streaming
Zappware deploys iView middleware with Slovenian IPTV operator Amis
Mar 24, 2010 – Zappware has successfully deployed its iView middleware product with the Slovenian telecom operator Amis. Amis' digital TV service, dubbed 'AmisTV2.0', was commercially launched in September 2009 in Slovenia and Croatia.
News categories: Zappware, AmisTV, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Slovenia
German Cable Operator Kabel BW Selects Harmonic for New VOD Service
May 26, 2009 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ:HLIT) has announced that Kabel Baden Württemberg GmbH (Kabel BW) has selected Harmonic and eventIS solutions for its video-on-demand (VOD) commercial trial, to be launched in late 2009.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, eventIS, Kabel BW, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Germany
Zappware inks partnership with Polish cable operator Toya
Dec 10, 2008 – Zappware has been selected by Toya, Poland's fifth largest cable operator in terms of subscriber numbers, to deliver a range of Video-On-Demand (VOD) services from Zappware's 'iView for Operators' product.
News categories: Zappware, Toya, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, Poland, Set Top Box
OpenTV Reports Third Quarter 2008 Results
Nov 6, 2008 – OpenTV (NASDAQ: OPTV) has announced financial results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2008. Revenues were $26.9 million, an increase of 14% over revenues of $23.7 million for the third quarter of 2007.
News categories: OpenTV, DVR, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box
Motorola Powers StarHub's Demand TV
Oct 14, 2008 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that StarHub has selected Motorola to enable Demand TV - its new suite of on demand services comprising both Video-On-Demand (VOD) and On Demand Channels - for over 500,000 households in Singapore.
News categories: StarHub, Motorola, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Singapore
Philips shows 3D over existing infrastructures with 3D IPTV, 3D VoD and 3D on Bluray demos at IBC 2008
Sep 10, 2008 – Philips (AEX: PHI, NYSE: PHG) will demonstrate 3D IPTV, 3D VoD and 3D on Blu-ray at IBC 2008. Each of the three demos will show how the company's 2D-plus-Depth content format can be distributed easily over existing infrastructures.
News categories: Philips, Blu-ray, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Metaverse
Philips Demonstrates Personal TV Channels
Sep 7, 2007 – At the International Broadcast Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam, Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) and eventIS demonstrate a new way of personalized access to audiovisual media: Personal TV Channels, known under the Philips trademark Aprico.tv.
News categories: DVR, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Software
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire