Digital TV News: eventIS
Estonian Cable Television Operator Starman Selects SeaChange Software for VoD Service
May 30, 2012 – SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced that Estonia's Starman, will roll out a nationwide video-on-demand (VOD) service based on the open SeaChange Adrenalin video back office.
News categories: SeaChange, Starman, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Estonia, Middleware, Terrestrial
SeaChange's IBC Demonstrations to Reflect Software, Services Engaging Subscribers across Multiple Screens
Aug 24, 2011 – SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) has revealed its demonstration line-up for IBC 2011, which underscores the television industry's continued shift to multi-screen video. SeaChange will exhibit on IBC stand 1.C27, Sept. 9-13 in Amsterdam.
News categories: SeaChange, Content Distribution, HbbTV, IBC2023, IPTV, Middleware, Streaming
Zappware deploys iView middleware with Slovenian IPTV operator Amis
Mar 24, 2010 – Zappware has successfully deployed its iView middleware product with the Slovenian telecom operator Amis. Amis' digital TV service, dubbed 'AmisTV2.0', was commercially launched in September 2009 in Slovenia and Croatia.
News categories: Zappware, AmisTV, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Slovenia
German Cable Operator Kabel BW Selects Harmonic for New VOD Service
May 26, 2009 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ:HLIT) has announced that Kabel Baden Württemberg GmbH (Kabel BW) has selected Harmonic and eventIS solutions for its video-on-demand (VOD) commercial trial, to be launched in late 2009.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, eventIS, Kabel BW, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Germany
Zappware inks partnership with Polish cable operator Toya
Dec 10, 2008 – Zappware has been selected by Toya, Poland's fifth largest cable operator in terms of subscriber numbers, to deliver a range of Video-On-Demand (VOD) services from Zappware's 'iView for Operators' product.
News categories: Zappware, Toya, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, Poland, Set Top Box
OpenTV Reports Third Quarter 2008 Results
Nov 6, 2008 – OpenTV (NASDAQ: OPTV) has announced financial results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2008. Revenues were $26.9 million, an increase of 14% over revenues of $23.7 million for the third quarter of 2007.
News categories: OpenTV, DVR, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box
Motorola Powers StarHub's Demand TV
Oct 14, 2008 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that StarHub has selected Motorola to enable Demand TV - its new suite of on demand services comprising both Video-On-Demand (VOD) and On Demand Channels - for over 500,000 households in Singapore.
News categories: StarHub, Motorola, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Singapore
Philips shows 3D over existing infrastructures with 3D IPTV, 3D VoD and 3D on Bluray demos at IBC 2008
Sep 10, 2008 – Philips (AEX: PHI, NYSE: PHG) will demonstrate 3D IPTV, 3D VoD and 3D on Blu-ray at IBC 2008. Each of the three demos will show how the company's 2D-plus-Depth content format can be distributed easily over existing infrastructures.
News categories: Philips, Blu-ray, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Metaverse
Philips Demonstrates Personal TV Channels
Sep 7, 2007 – At the International Broadcast Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam, Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) and eventIS demonstrate a new way of personalized access to audiovisual media: Personal TV Channels, known under the Philips trademark Aprico.tv.
News categories: DVR, IBC2023, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Software
- Link Net fixed broadband business to move to XL Axiata
- World Archery partners with Joymo to upgrade Archery+ platform
- 20% of US internet households own a TV antenna, and 12% plan to buy one
- MetaBroadcast partners with Gracenote for Barb contract
- Amdocs research reveals streaming consumer expectations for 2024
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics