Digital TV News: ATEME
Anevia accelerates transition of TV3 video delivery to OTT
Dec 22, 2020 – TV3 Group has commissioned Anevia to extend its GO3 OTT service. Go3 uses Anevia technology for video delivery over mobile networks, including an elastic CDN serving multiple countries from a centralised management system.
News categories: Anevia, TV3 Group, Igor Stankovic, Ausra Sidaraviciene, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, OTT
NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance creates three working groups
Dec 17, 2020 – The NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance, a coalition driving the definition and realization of ATSC 3.0 technology, has announced the addition of four new members and the formation of three new specialized working groups.
News categories: NVISA, Edward Czarnecki, Sang Jin Yoon, Tim Bischoff, Mike Snyder, Fred Engel, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Korea, USA
ATEME transcoding powers FasterNet HD expansion in Brazil
Dec 16, 2020 – ATEME has announced that FasterNet has implemented ATEME TITAN Live to deliver HD channels over its IPTV platform. With approximately 100,000 subscribers, FasterNet is one of the main ISPs operating in São Paulo.
News categories: ATEME, FasterNet, Márcio Pena, Douglas Arruda, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
FCC seeks to expedite release of new devices and technologies
Dec 10, 2020 – The FCC has proposed enhancements to its rules to grant limited, early-stage flexibility to innovators to accelerate the deployment of consumer devices like cellphones, laptops, and Wi-Fi routers after FCC authorization.
News categories: FCC, CPE, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
FCC updates rules to encourage ATSC 3.0 Broadcast Internet services
Dec 10, 2020 – The FCC has issued a Report and Order updating its rules to promote the introduction of ATSC 3.0-enabled innovative ancillary and supplementary broadcast services, otherwise known as Broadcast Internet.
News categories: FCC, ATSC 3, Broadband, Content Distribution, Regulation, USA
Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
Oct 29, 2020 – According to Strategy Analytics, while it's still the world's largest digital media company by some distance, Google’s digital media revenues fell by 7.0% in Q2 2020 to $38.3B, causing its market share to fall from 29.0% in Q1 2020 to 26.3% in Q2.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
ATEME joins Akamai partner program
Oct 29, 2020 – ATEME has announced that it is joining the Media Technology Partner (MTP) program of Akamai. Being a partner demonstrates the integration and interoperability of ATEME’s video delivery solutions with Akamai’s media products.
News categories: ATEME, Akamai, Remi Beaudouin, Jon Alexander, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
fuboTV announces closing of Public Offering
Oct 13, 2020 – fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) has announced the closing of its public offering of 18,300,000 shares of its common stock at an offer price of $10.00 per share, receiving total gross proceeds of $183 million.
News categories: fuboTV, Digital TV, IPO, OTT, USA, Worldwide
ATEME powers FASTWAY's OTT/IPTV platform in India
Oct 8, 2020 – ATEME has announced that FASTWAY has installed ATEME’s TITAN Live as part of its OTT and IPTV platform. ATEME’s TITAN Live is used to encode and transcode channel video headends and deliver a OTT and IPTV content to FASTWAY’s customers.
News categories: ATEME, FASTWAY, Rémi Beaudouin, Prem Ohja, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, IPTV, OTT
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand