Digital TV News: ATEME
Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
Sep 26, 2023 – Ateme has announced that it was behind the video and immersive audio experiences delivered in 17 languages by Viacom18 Media during the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023.
News categories: Ateme, Viacom18 Media, Jibu Mathew, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
Sep 20, 2023 – OpenAP has announced that the U.S. Joint Industry Committee (JIC) has granted conditional certification to Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp as part of its currency certification efforts.
News categories: OpenAP, Comscore, iSpot, VideoAmp, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
Sep 21, 2023 – Ateme has announced that its solution was used in the first U.S. transmission of a 5G signal over a licensed broadcast facility, in a proof of concept of 5G Broadcast to the FCC.
News categories: Ateme, Qualcomm, XGen Network, Mickaël Raulet, Lorenzo Casaccia, Frank Copsidas, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Tata Elxsi and Ateme offer pre-integrated FAST deployment solution
Sep 13, 2023 – Tata Elxsi has announced an alliance with Ateme to deliver a pre-integrated FAST channel deployment solution, combining Tata Elxsi's OTT delivery platform with Ateme's SSAI technology.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Ateme, KP Sreekumar, Ahmed Swidan, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Disney and Charter agree distribution deal for Disney linear and D2C services
Sep 11, 2023 – Disney (NYSE: DIS) and Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) have announced a distribution agreement, allowing the restoration of most Disney networks and stations for Spectrum customers.
News categories: Disney, Charter, Robert A. Iger, Chris Winfrey, Cable TV, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Netgem subscribers grow to 647,000 at end-June
Jul 28, 2023 – Netgem saw growth in its subscribers base in the first half of 2023 to 647,000 (+26% vs. end of 2022) thanks to momentum at operator customers in Finland, the UK and Luxembourg.
News categories: Netgem, Mathias Hautefort, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Nilesat chooses Ateme video headend for latest satellite
Jul 18, 2023 – Ateme has announced that its video headed is feeding the latest satellite launched by Nilesat, enabling delivery of around 50 channels to the Middle East and Africa.
News categories: Ateme, Nilesat, Razik Zaghlouli, Maissa Kamel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Ateme OTT solution running on AWS selected by Swisscom
Jul 11, 2023 – Ateme has announced that Swisscom has chosen Ateme’s end-to-end OTT solution to migrate the Cloud Digital Video Recording (CDVR) platform of its blue TV service to AWS.
News categories: Ateme, Swisscom, Yoann Poizeau, Marco Lötscher, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Switzerland
ORS trials live 5G broadcast transmission at Donauinselfest in Vienna
Jun 21, 2023 – As part of an RTR-funded 5G Broadcast trial in Vienna, ORS tested 5G Broadcast distribution for large live events regarding latency and hybrid distribution at the Donauinselfest.
News categories: ORS, RTR, ORF, Kronehit, Martin Holovlasky, 5G, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data