Digital TV News: ActiveVideo
Metrological and ActiveVideo enable OTT on existing STBs
Oct 16, 2017 – Metrological and ActiveVideo have announced a joint solution that enables pay-TV operators to deploy OTT content experiences on existing set-top boxes. Two operators in the Caribbean and Latin America region plan to launch the integrated solution in 2018.
News categories: Metrological, ActiveVideo, Jeroen Ghijsen, Jeff Miller, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, OTT, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ActiveVideo and Zodiac combine to provide Cloud-delivered user experiences
Sep 12, 2017 – Zodiac Interactive and ActiveVideo have partnered on a joint solution that will enable pay-TV operators of all sizes to provide next generation user experiences and new premium services on any installed set-top box.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, ActiveVideo, Cable Bahamas, Brandon Brown, Jeff Miller, David Burrows, Bahamas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ZoneTV and ActiveVideo show cloud delivery of Dynamic Channels
Apr 24, 2017 – ZoneTV and ActiveVideo have announced that ZoneTV’s made-for-digital video content can be delivered directly to the vast footprint of pay-TV set-top boxes, using the power of cloud virtualization.
News categories: Zone·tv, ActiveVideo, Jeff Weber, Jeff Miller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
J:COM rolls out cloud-based VOD UX with ActiveVideo
Apr 24, 2017 – J:COM pay-TV subscribers are enjoying enhanced, web-like video-on-demand experiences on their existing set-top boxes, thanks to the first deployment in Japan of cloud virtualization technology from ActiveVideo.
News categories: ActiveVideo, J:COM, Jeff Miller, Masaaki Agaya, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, UX
ActiveVideo-based cloud VOD service doing well for VTR in Chile
Feb 16, 2017 – VTR, the largest cable operator in Chile, has reported huge growth in the number of customers using its on-demand video service. The service, based on ActiveVideo technology, is transmitted from a cloud-based browser to the set-top box.
News categories: ActiveVideo, VTR, Jeff Miller, Edwin Elberg, Cable TV, Chile, Content Distribution, Middleware, Set Top Box
ARRIS and Charter collaborate on WorldBox 2.0 development
Oct 12, 2016 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) and Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) have announced plans for ARRIS to be a key participant in the development of WorldBox 2.0, Charter's next-generation video platform.
News categories: ARRIS International, Charter Communications, Bruce McClelland, Jim Blackley, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Wurl announces cable STB software partnerships
Sep 8, 2016 – Wurl has announced a series of partnerships with key providers of cable set-top software that will showcase Wurl TV Network broadband channels at this week's International Broadcasting Convention (IBC).
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ARRIS to re-sell Espial product portfolio
Sep 1, 2016 – Espial has announced a Software License and Distribution Agreement with ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to integrate and resell Espial’s product portfolio. Espial and ARRIS will jointly deliver end-to-end, IP Video solutions to customers.
News categories: Espial, ARRIS International, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cablevision adds Hulu to Optimum TV STBs
Apr 7, 2016 – Cablevision (NYSE: CVC) has announced the integration of Hulu into the Optimum TV experience, enabling customers to access the online streaming TV service directly from the Optimum TV interactive program guide on all current-generation set top boxes.
News categories: Cablevision, Hulu, ActiveVideo, Tom Montemagno, Tim Connolly, Jeff Miller, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service