Digital TV News: Alberto Sigismondi
Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
May 10, 2022 – Tivù and SmarDTV Global have partnered to introduce the first USB based CAM module offering to the tivùsat users a full 4K TV viewing experience. Tivù designed and developed the CAM with the help of SmarDTV Global.
News categories: SmarDTV, Tivù, Guillaume REILLON, Alberto SIGISMONDI, CAM, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite
Vestel to deliver TVs with Intertrust's ExpressPlay video protection
Sep 13, 2018 – Vestel and Intertrust have announced that Vestel will ship TVs and STBs in 2019 with Intertrust’s ExpressPlay XCA for broadcast video management and protection. ExpressPlay XCA is Intertrust’s video conditional access system based on open standard Marlin DRM technology.
News categories: Intertrust, Vestel, Alberto Sigismondi, Hakan Kutlu, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Europe, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Tivù partners with Vewd to introduce HbbTV Operator Apps
Sep 11, 2018 – Tivù has become the world’s first operator to deploy an HbbTV Operator App (OpApp) together with Vewd. tivùon, Tivù’s OpApp, creates a virtual set-top box with an operator’s own UI and applications to offer a more engaging and branded user experience.
News categories: Vewd, Tivù, Opentech, Yotta Media Labs, Aneesh Rajaram, Alberto Sigismondi, Juyong Lee, Raj Patel, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBC2022, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
HbbTV Association publishes OpApp specification
Dec 19, 2017 – The HbbTV Association has announced that it has published its Operator Applications Specification. Building on HbbTV 2, the specification allows TV operators, in partnership with TV manufacturers, to provide an operator-branded experience as an application on TVs.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Klaus Illgner, Alberto Sigismondi, Rob Koenen, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Worldwide
Tivù and Yotta Media invest in HbbTV operator app development
Sep 15, 2017 – Tivù has partnered with Yotta Media Labs to develop an HbbTV Operator Application that supports all of the features expected of a vertical network operator’s application for the Italian Free-To-Air satellite and terrestrial market.
News categories: Tivù, Yotta Media Labs, Alberto Sigismondi, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2022, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Samsung adds Marlin DRM to HbbTV 2.0 Smart TVs for Italy
Oct 18, 2016 – Intertrust and Samsung have announced a partnership that will expand DRM standardization for digital media. Under the agreement, Samsung will ship Marlin DRM software in its HbbTV 2.0-enabled Smart TVs for users in Italy.
News categories: Intertrust, Tivù, Samsung, Talal G. Shamoon, Alberto Sigismondi, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, Italy, Smart TV
Intertrust applauds launch of Tivùon!
Jul 18, 2016 – Intertrust has applauded its partner Tivù for their launch of Tivùon!, Italy’s first open standards-based Internet TV service. Tivùon! provides a unified program guide and catch-up TV services on Internet TV sets and set top boxes.
News categories: Intertrust, Tivù, Talal Shamoon, Alberto Sigismondi, DRM, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box
FreeTV Alliance releases common Remote Control Specification
Mar 23, 2015 – The FreeTV Alliance has announced the availability of the first of its suite of technical specifications. The Remote Control Specification provides a way for an operator's mobile application to control the viewing experience on the TV screen.
News categories: FreeTV Alliance, Freesat, Tivù, Alberto Sigismondi, Matthew Huntington, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Middleware, Satellite, UK
European satellite TV operators launch FreeTV Alliance at IBC 2014
Sep 12, 2014 – Three leading European free-to-air satellite TV operators – Fransat, Freesat, and Tivùsat – have come together to form the FreeTV Alliance. The Alliance aims to promote the harmonisation of satellite TV services and technology across Europe.
News categories: FreeTV Alliance, Alberto Sigismondi, Digital TV, France, IBC2022, Italy, Satellite, UK
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution