Digital TV News: Ateme
Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
Nov 28, 2023 – Ateme has announced that it has powered contribution for NT, a telecommunications operator in Thailand, at numerous sports events throughout Asia and beyond over the last two years.
News categories: Ateme, NT, Duc Long Nguyen, Weeradej Seangudomchai, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Thailand
Ateme supplies disaster recovery solution to Volia in Ukraine
Nov 21, 2023 – Volia has chosen Ateme to supply a Disaster Recovery solution for its packaging and CDN platform in Ukraine, enabling it to continue to deliver programming OTT, even in the most challenging circumstances.
News categories: Ateme, Volia, Ilyas Laikov, Andrii Val, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ukraine
DVB Project elects new Steering Board
Nov 13, 2023 – The General Assembly of the DVB Project has elected a new Steering Board to serve for the coming two years. It includes representatives of 43 companies across DVB's four member constituencies.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ateme video transcoder range now ARIB compliant
Nov 14, 2023 – Ateme has announced the compliance of its TITAN range of video transcoders with the Japanese video standards defined by the Association of Radio Industries and Business (ARIB).
News categories: Ateme, Gautier Vandomme, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
PROEXE and Ateme now providing video processing and delivery at Vectra
Nov 10, 2023 – Vectra has changed its providers of video processing and delivery solutions, with origin packaging now being provided by Ateme and PROEXE providing CDN services.
News categories: Ateme, PROEXE, Vectra, Tomasz Pałdyna, Maciej Bakalarz, Bartłomiej Irzyński, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland
VIZIO exploring partnerships with other TV OEMs
Nov 9, 2023 – In VIZIO's Q3 2023 results release, the company's CEO said that VIZIO is beginning to explore partnerships with other TV OEMs looking for alternatives within the CTV market.
News categories: VIZIO, William Wang, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Harmonic begins strategic review of its Video business
Oct 30, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) is assessing a range of alternatives for its Video business with the company having received indications of interest in the business from a number of parties.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Results, Worldwide
UHD Spain tests end-to-end transmission of UHD-HDR and 5G
Oct 23, 2023 – UHD Spain has tested UHD-HDR broadcasting using 5G contributions, cloud mixing, multi-media broadcasting including 5G Broadcast, and the use of the public Internet network for signal transport.
News categories: UHD Spain, Xavier Redón, Emili Planas, Pere Vila, Miguel Ángel Cristóbal, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain
Vianeos and UDC launch O.room Residential in Qatar
Oct 24, 2023 – Vianeos has announced a partnership with United Development Company (UDC) to provide residents of The Pearl Island - Qatar with a state-of-the-art IPTV service.
News categories: Vianeos, UDC Qatar, Jérôme Goubier, Nasser Abdulla Al Harmi, Digital TV, IPTV, Qatar
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward