Digital TV News: CTA
MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
Nov 25, 2022 – MASMEDIA TV is joining forces with StreamVX on a low-power encoding platform. StreamVX as a vendor in the OTT video delivery domain. MasMedia offers clients an IPTV solution of more than 250 linear channels.
News categories: StreamVX, MASMEDIA TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Spain
Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
Nov 21, 2022 – Red Bee Media has partnered with Better Software Group on the launch of Nordisk Film+ in Denmark. Nordisk Film combines Red Bee Media’s managed OTT services with Better Software Group's application front-end.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Better Software Group, Nordisk Film, Steve Nylund, Bartłomiej Lozia, Klaus Odegaard, Apps, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
LIONSGATE+ streaming to be shut down in seven territories
Nov 3, 2022 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) has reported results for its second quarter ended September 30, 2022. Global streaming subscribers increased 52% Y-o-Y to 27.3 million. The Company has decided to close its LIONSGATE+ streaming business in seven international territories.
News categories: Lionsgate, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Results, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden, Worldwide
Perhaps live sports not so critical for pay-TV subscriber retention
Oct 31, 2022 – According to Aluma, while 18% of U.S. pay-TV subscribers are moderately likely to cancel service if their favorite sport moved its live games exclusively to subscription streaming services, only 8% would 'definitely' cancel.
News categories: Aluma, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Apple introduces next-generation Apple TV 4K
Oct 18, 2022 – Apple has announced the next generation of Apple TV 4K. HDR10+ support joins Dolby Vision on the now lower cost device. Running tvOS, featuring the Siri Remote, Apple TV 4K simplifies the way users discover content.
News categories: Apple TV, Bob Borchers, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Altice Portugal deploys EPG correction from Media Distillery
Oct 18, 2022 – Media Distillery has announced that Altice Portugal has gone live with EPG Correction Distillery to improve user experiences for subscribers to its MEO IPTV and OTT services.
News categories: Media Distillery, Altice Portugal, Roland Sars, José Pedro Nascimento, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, UX
Redge Media powers Kanał Sportowy OTT platform
Oct 13, 2022 – Polish YouTube channel, Kanał Sportowy, has launched its own OTT platform. Kanał Sportowy now has full control of their content within their multiscreen apps thanks to Redge Media's end-to-end video streaming solution.
News categories: Redge Media, Kanał Sportowy, Justyna Porzucek, Maciej Sawicki, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
Alpha Networks to power National Volleyball League's OTT service
Oct 6, 2022 – Alpha Networks has announced that, BEE, the SaaS video solution from Alpha Networks, has become the official video platform of the National Volleyball League (LNV) for the realization of its OTT platform, LNVtv.
News categories: Alpha Networks, LNV, Guillaume Devezeaux, Yves Bouget, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming
Canal+ migrates EasyTV delivery to Ku-band with Enensys
Oct 6, 2022 – ENENSYS has announced that it has delivered an upgrade of CANAL+ International's EasyTV service in Africa, migrating the existing DVB-T2 network from DVB-T2/T2MI over C-band delivery to DVB-SIS over Ku-band.
News categories: Enensys, CANAL+ International, Aucom, Didier Farcy, Cedric Vialle, Villiers Joubert, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Satellite
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring