Digital TV News: CTA
iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
May 17, 2022 – iWedia has announced the launch of an ATSC 3.0 broadcast and broadband software stack, designed to give network operators more flexibility, greater reliability and more efficient operation. iWedia has also become a member of the ATSC committee.
News categories: iWedia, Hans-Jürgen Desor, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Worldwide
AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
May 11, 2022 – Orange has reached an agreement with AMC Networks to offer AMC+ on-demand content for the first time in Spain. The service will be available to all subscribers with access to Orange TV’s entertainment offering from this June.
News categories: AMC Networks, Orange, Manuel Balsera, Miquel Penella, Ignacio García-Legaz, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
May 10, 2022 – Tivù and SmarDTV Global have partnered to introduce the first USB based CAM module offering to the tivùsat users a full 4K TV viewing experience. Tivù designed and developed the CAM with the help of SmarDTV Global.
News categories: SmarDTV, Tivù, Guillaume REILLON, Alberto SIGISMONDI, CAM, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite
TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
May 9, 2022 – Agama has announced today that TSA, based in Spain and part of Telefónica group, is using Agama’s head-end assurance and analytics solution to ensure the delivery of a first-class viewing experience to its customers.
News categories: Agama, Telefónica Servicios Audiovisuales, Elie Khouri, Alejandro Benito, Digital TV, QoE, Spain
fuboTV North American streaming subscribers up 81% YoY to 1,056,245
May 5, 2022 – fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) has announced results for the quarter ended March 31, 2022. fuboTV's North American streaming business delivered solid year-over-year growth in total paid subscribers (up 81% to 1,056,245).
News categories: fuboTV, David Gandler, Edgar Bronfman Jr, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Results, Streaming, Subscribers
Türk Telekom TV Home subscribers flat at 1.5 million in 1Q 2022
Apr 27, 2022 – Türk Telekom has released results for the first quarter of 2022. Over the quarter total TV subscribers (IPTV, DTH and Tivibu GO) were stable at 2.9 million, with Tivibu Home subscribers (IPTV and DTH) remaining unchanged at 1.5 million.
News categories: Türk Telekom, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, Turkey
ORS launches hybrid Android TV STBs powered by Skyworth and 3SS
May 4, 2022 – 3SS and Skyworth Digital have announced that ORS has launched next-generation satellite and terrestrial STBs for its simpliTV services. The Skyworth 4K hybrid boxes feature a customized UX created and delivered by 3SS.
News categories: 3SS, Skyworth Digital, simpliTV, Kai-Christian Borchers, Srithar Bala, Thomas Langsenlehner, Android TV, Austria, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UX
Switch Media provides online platform for Digital Health Networks’ OTT launch
May 3, 2022 – Switch Media has announced its first foray in the U.S. and Canadian markets with the launch of an end-to-end online content publishing platform for wellness start-up service, Digital Health Networks (DHN).
News categories: Switch Media, Digital Health Networks, Mark Johns, Jon Cody, Apps, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Horowitz sees slight drop in SVOD subscriptions in the U.S.
Apr 27, 2022 – A Horowitz Research study has found a slight drop in subscriptions to SVOD services in the U.S., even as the number of SVOD services has increased over the past few years and as the share of streaming compared to traditional viewing grows.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022